Baby aspirin

Natalilly1288

Reaction score
Hi ladies looking for a bit of advice I've just had 2 mc and when I'm ready to ttc again I'm thinking of taking baby aspirin to see if that helps and can give me my sticky bean has anyone found this helps? When and how long do you take it for? Do u think I should consult my doc 1st? Thankyou in advance xxxx

I was adviced to take baby aspirin daily 75mg. I was lucky to be able referred for tests after 2 miscarriages as its usually 3. They come back fine but was still told to take it while ttc also. It's upto you as regards to consulting your doctor I guess. I haven't consulted mine with my local EPU telling me to take it. Xx also forgot to say although I aren't out the woods yet of having a miscarriage I am currently nearly 10 weeks pregnant and this is the furthest I've got in pregnancy as my other 2 were at 5-6 weeks xx

Last edited:
When did u start taking it Hun? Have u got to take 1 a day for your whole pg? Its worth a try! I'm desperate my doc won't refer me until I've had 3 as he says its a very common problem! Xx

I've been taking them since my last mc in Feb - I only stop taking them when I have AF as it tends to make the brown spotting last longer after for me........

My consultant started me on this after my 3rd mc on the basis it wouldn't do any harm, but from what i understand the research is patchy on the benefit. Have a look for yourself: https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/supplements-and-miscarriage/aspirin

What does seem to have much better results is vit d. I was told to take 2000units daily, and still am. My consultant is a big believer in this, and pretty much everyone in this country is low in vit d due to the crappy weather!

https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/vitamins-and-miscarriage/vitamin-d

You can get some good strength vit d off amazon. Hope that helps!

Thank you for your help ladies it can't hurt alot of ppl seem to start taking the aspirin as soon as the find out the pg do u think u should take it after u no u have ov? I'm going to try some vit d for sure even tho I'm hoping my hol mite do me the world of good!! Xxxx

I used to take it from ov. Thought it would give the old stomach a break to miss it out for a couple of weeks!

Interestingly, this pg (which is the furthest i have got), i took nearly everything from ov (vit d, aspirin, progesterone) and my consultant wanted the fragmin from ov too, i'm just too much of an injection wimp to have done it, but agreed to early testing, so started it when i got a bfp at 9dpo. Who knows if this is what did it, but my pgs were clearly going wrong really early on, so this was the time i was targeting

Last edited:
How far gone are you fliss? Have u had all the mc tests? Xxxxx

Yeah, we had the tests last year. Nothing was wrong other than low vit d and i spend as much time as humanly possible in the sun!

I had a dvt (clot) when i was 15 though, so they managed my 5th pg as though i have a clotting disorder and it seems to be working! I'm 17 weeks now.

Aww congratulations hunny fx for you thankyou for your advice il def take some vitamin d it can't hurt and I think asprin too as read up and I think it's worth a try I'm getting desperate as I'm sure you well no the heartache is awful :-( xxxx

it is certainly heartbreaking, this place was such a comfort to me in bad times. good luck hun, hope that sticky bean is not far off for you.

When did u start taking it Hun? Have u got to take 1 a day for your whole pg? Its worth a try! I'm desperate my doc won't refer me until I've had 3 as he says its a very common problem! Xx

Sorry only just seen this! I started taking baby aspirin as soon as I was advised to but 3 days later I got my bfp anyway lol so didn't manage take it while ttc. I'm not sure how long I've got take it for to be honest I need to ask that and yes it's one a day 75mg. I would also definitely take vitamin D if possible as someone posted I was also told this to take vitamin D by my epu and a pharmacist they both said vitamin D is so important. Xx

Lovely thankyou hunny I've ordered both of amazon can't hurt! Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back