Baby aspirin - to use or not to use? Any success stories?

hannah2409

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have just had my first chemical pregnancy. First day of bleeding yesterday.

Besides the obviousness sadness and disappointemnt, i feel strangely positive and strong. Determined to make it happen and hoping to cash in on the elusive 'super fertile' window after a chemical.

I have been reading up about baby aspirin. I know it is usually taken by women who have had successive early mmcs (which isn't me), but I was thinking of taking it.

I have just moved home and changed docs. The GP I saw at the weekend was AWFUL and I really don't want to see him again. There is a three week waiting list to see a GP of your choice (ridiculous) so I can't see a GP before ovulating this cycle to ask if it is safe/a good idea.

What do you ladies reckon? Have any of you tried it/had any success with it? Or do you know anything about whether it is too risky to take it without GP thumbs up?

Any offers of advice gratefully received!

Thanks!! xxxxxxxxxx

Hiya, sorry about your chemical, hopefully you will be super fertile. I personally wouldn't take it as there is nothing yet to indicate that you will need it. I would wait and speak to a gp as there could be risks in taking it, I am not sure what risks there would be though. I have considered it myself before but decided against it, until I am advised otherwise. I am currently going through my third miscarriage so desperation is kicking in but I would still wait. Hope your bfp is on the way v soon x

Hi hon. Thanks for your reply. I am so sorry for your losses too. I can understand your depseration.

My gut feeling is the same as yours I think, but I'm still undecided.

I really appreciate your input. Got my fingers crossed for you too x x x

Thanks hun :) some other ladies may come along who have tried it and that can give an educated opinion on it for you xx

I don't have an experience to share but I am interested in others. I considered taking it this month too to aid with implantation, even bought some, but something made me not take it this cycle. I've never knowingly had a loss/chemical but i don't generally test early, but I get very clotty periods and worry about my blood not being as free flowing as it should be. Lets hope some others share their experiences xxx

I've had 2 miscarriages myself and I was adviced to take it while ttc but a few days later I got my BFP anyway. I was advised take it from day one until I'm due basically. I've heard more positive then negative in taking baby aspirin but they were who had miscarriages. I guess you have nothing to lose by taking it but on the other hand you may not need it. Sorry to hear you had a chemical I had a chemical pregnancy last year and conceived the month after sadly was a mc but just saying to give you a positive story after a chemical that I did conceive straight after. Sorry I can't be much help hope you make the right decision for you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back