Babies with colds/ sore throat

MummyEdgar

Reaction score
All hints , tips and advice needed please! What can I do to make my lil man feel better?

He seems to have a sore throat and has gone from feeding during the day every 2.5 hrs and night 4/5 hours to 2 hourly day and night !

So all and any advice will be greatly appreciated - what did you do when your lil one had a cold/ sore throat?

The kick in the ass is that I have it too!!!

Help x

My little girl had a sore throat when she was about 11 weeks, so much so that we ended up at the ooh doctor at the hospital. All I can suggest is calpol, feed them as and when they'll take it and rude it out. After about a week, our little girls feeding improved so much and has continued since.

As for when she's had a cold, we've found the calpol plug in vapouriser to be really good.

Jill x

I need help with this too - poor Jasmine and William! x

Thanks Jill- didnt know about calpol varpouriser? Will be searching morrisons for one of those !

We have been using the calpol vaporizer- it has been really good for Molly, who has been horribly congested. A friend suggested popping her up in the breastfeeding pillow, to get her airways open a bit? Haven't tried this myself, as she struggles around, and would end up slumped down too much, but imagine it may be a good idea if she was a bit bigger. I have been taking her into the bathroom with me when I shower every morning as well, getting it really steamy. It is only temporary relief, but it really works for a short time. :)

Would the plugins be ok for a nearly 11 week old?

you can get baby olbas oil, put in hot water and leave in room as a decongestant, raise cot a few inches on the head side too, and get the bogies the minute you see them

The boots electric vaporiser is good.. Also feed him as and when he wants it, pop a pillow under the head end of the cot mattress, calpol/baby nurofen. I've heard some ladies put snufflebabe on the bottoms of their babies feet - not quite sure how it works but apparently it works wonders!

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back