Babies with close birthdays?

Starchild

Reaction score
We'll be TTC in January, our daughter was also conceived in January! I'm wondering if 2 LOs with birthdays so close will be a good thing or a bad? Any experience?

I'd rather them be at different times. January is a tight month for me so 2 birthdays would be rubbish. Thats just me. I have 3 birthdays in December and it kills me each year.

How close in age will they be? I'm thinking joint parties etc? It's difficult, I'd rather not have them close but you can't always plan. I like summer bdays, I'm Jan and I hate it! X

Yeah I think if I was given the choice I'd want a birthday in summer. Daughters birthday is late Sept & this one would be early October. (Daughter was due October 3rd.)

But with holidays & our wedding January/February/March are our options.

OHs birthday is Dec, & my brothers is Dec & my dad's is January. Nightmare. :lol:

So my hubby's, brother and mums bday is Dec and my other brother is Jan and dad is Feb. My daughter is June I'm July as is our anniversary. If I could choose id like a September baby next time. X

My youngest's is in November then we have christmas then my eldest's is on the 10th Feb and this little one is due on the 13th Feb. Not ideal but that's what was given to us so it's fine.
I wouldn't have changed ttc timings so the bdays weren't too close together. Our health and money and general readiness determined when we ttc'd.

Last edited:
My twins birthday is 22nd Dec and I also have another 3 family members birthday in Dec. Also 3 in Nov, pain in the bum but I started my shopping at the start of October so that's helped. Next year I think I'll start in September.

Our birthdays as a family of 4 are quite close together - March, April, June and August. I also have my mom's birthday in August so it's quite close together. It doesn't bother me as such, it just means buying presents well ahead of time. As soon as I've finished shopping for one birthday I start for the next, and then I try and do Christmas shopping in Feb and Sep-Nov. Never works out like that but I live in hope!

Yeah presents & such is making me a bit like 'oooh that'll be a tight month' but then I could just start buying earlier in the year I guess. And I also COULD maybe get away with joint parties/days out... so works both ways I guess. It's just the way it's fell & I didn't realise till OH said. If we wait too long I'll be pregnant for our wedding which I don't particularly want. So the birthdays are gonna have to be close.

September sucks as my daughter won't start school until 3 weeks before she turns five!

No experience yet but my son and daughter are 2 years 5 days apart. Both born in Feb one on the 13th one on the 18th!

Not planned (I'd had a miscarriage before my daughter so would have had an October baby) but it just worked out I conceived basically the same time as her brother with her.

We've decided that they will have a half birthday treat in the summer when the weather is nicer by otherwise unsure just yet as to how we're"" do it. It's my son's 3rd birthday coming up and my daughters 1st so we are going to just have family over and they can have a small cake each

No experience yet but my son and daughter are 2 years 5 days apart. Both born in Feb one on the 13th one on the 18th!

Not planned (I'd had a miscarriage before my daughter so would have had an October baby) but it just worked out I conceived basically the same time as her brother with her.

We've decided that they will have a half birthday treat in the summer when the weather is nicer by otherwise unsure just yet as to how we're"" do it. It's my son's 3rd birthday coming up and my daughters 1st so we are going to just have family over and they can have a small cake each

Sounds like a great idea. :) That's pretty much what we've done the last two birthdays, family around with cakes & treats. How do you find having a 3 year old & a one year old if you don't mind me asking? My daughter will turn 3 when (if all goes to plan..) lo is born.

11 day between my 2 girls and I love it cos I loved having March babies. After this year which is my babies 1st, I'll defo be doing joint parties! X

My son's birthday is 4th March and new baby is due 10th Feb so depending on the day he makes an appearance it could be pretty close! I'm not too worried about it as long as the baby comes aftwr 25th Jan so at least I get a payday between Christmas and the birthday!

Personally I chose against close birthdays. Our birthdays are nicely spread April, July, September, November and it works well for us (though I dislike the November birthday the most!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back