Babies head is engaged....

Corrinne37

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
So today I noticed that my bump has dramatically dropped, no longer do I feel uncomfortable under my ribs , but more downstairs.
And this peeing lark is ridiculous!!!!

So what do you think another cple of weeks??

Who else thinks head is engaged and anyone know how long after head engages that labour starts?

xx

Aww lucky you! Hopefully it won't be too long then! My bump is still really really high up and I have the constant heartburn and breathlessness to prove it lol! I was at midwife on Thursday and she had a good feel and said head was in the opening of the pelvis but not yet engaged. I'm sooo impatient I want it all over with ASAP now! Xx

Well noahs head been pretty much engaged for over a month now.

Unfortunately it means nothing regarding labour being around the corner!! :(

Jut an uncomfortable month ahead of more waddling!

FX it means something for u tho xx

I think my babys head is engaged im not really sure... although i do have that very very annoying pelvic pain slightly sore lower back and feel like im waddling.... also over the past two days i think ive passed what only could be described as my mucus plug... didnt come out in one more like 3 pieces...

And Corrinne i see that your due dates the same as mine lol x

I think my babys head is engaged im not really sure... although i do have that very very annoying pelvic pain slightly sore lower back and feel like im waddling.... also over the past two days i think ive passed what only could be described as my mucus plug... didnt come out in one more like 3 pieces...

And Corrinne i see that your due dates the same as mine lol x

Oooh well mucus plug is a definate sign!!!!
will keep an eye out for your updates xx

Well noahs head been pretty much engaged for over a month now.

Unfortunately it means nothing regarding labour being around the corner!! :(

Jut an uncomfortable month ahead of more waddling!

FX it means something for u tho xx

Oh really a month!!
Ahhh I hate this waiting game! Its just that my son was born at 37wks, i just went into labour and was totally unprepared as did not expect it to happen and didnt look for any signs, though looking back they were all there!
Now im probably looking too much!xx
Anyway, it is just a waiting game, no one knows, not even little baby when it will happen!!

Aww lucky you! Hopefully it won't be too long then! My bump is still really really high up and I have the constant heartburn and breathlessness to prove it lol! I was at midwife on Thursday and she had a good feel and said head was in the opening of the pelvis but not yet engaged. I'm sooo impatient I want it all over with ASAP now! Xx

Well I had this too and remember complaining about feet in my ribs and heartburn, but I wouldnt complain too much as actually is just as uncomfortable this way but the other end!! Ha ha !! xxx

U might be lucky and have another early baba then hun! Xx

U might be lucky and have another early baba then hun! Xx

I reckon I still have a cple of weeks, or thats what I want, still not totally ready - still got over half of my birth prep book to read!! 9Plus a cple of cupboards to sort and some chilling out tom do!! )hah ha! xx

Haha :) im so blinking ready now!! He needs to get a love on!!! Xx

I got excited when midwife told me baby's head was starting to engage, but apparently the head can be properly engaged and the baby can still move back up and even flip!! You can also lose your mucus plug weeks before anything happens. Part of me wonders how I'll even know labour has begun as your waters don't necessarily break before hand either.

Aww yay hope its soon though jelous mine is only just slipping down below pelvis and hasnt engaged yet look forward to doing the labour updates!!!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back