babies engaged :s

BKR123

Reaction score
I'm 31weeks today, last week at midwife I was too baby was breech so I've been panicking massively about having to have a section! Tuesday at work I was in so much pain I couldn't walk, and the same yesterday. Feeling sick, dizzy, weak and just all round rubbish! Still getting pain in my lower tummy though, so I phoned the hospital an they said come up. I went up and they examined me and gave me a scan because they couldn't find her heart beat on the Doppler, then she found her heart but her was was right down low, like behind my pubic bone low! She said "hmm, she's very low down isn't she" which didn't make me feel assured it was okay! I said what does that mean an she said her head is engaged. They had a check and I'm not dilated at all because I was showing contractions on the monitor but I think it was just BH, I've even getting them loads! So what does it mean if her head is engaged an is it not a bit early? And should I tell work, I'm an auxiliary nurse so on my feet 8hours a day, and it's very rare we get to sit down! I really don't want er to come this early!x

Noah has been engaged for about 6weeks now.

Means baby is getting ready but doesnt mean u could go early. U could still go overdue! X

Just means baby is getting ready... like the others say!

I think it's bad how we all come away from midwives and hospitals with questions! I'm the same sometimes... we all need to grow a pair eh haha xx

My lo has been engaged from about 32 weeks, im still pregnant still no baby, im a nurse too and was still working my long days up to 34 weeks so do not worry, most 1st babies tend to engage early, its just not very comfy trying to get around work when u feel like baby is about to drop out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back