babies clothes

leanne

Reaction score
hiya ladies, just a quick question. are you washing your babies clothing, ie vests, baby grows, and clothes before the LO wears them? im currently washing the towels and flanelette sheet thing for the cots but was unsure about the rest? i nkow for myself i dont washe everything i but but with it being for my little angel i wasnt sure if i was supposed to or not. really starting to worry about things i havent got or what if baby wont breastfeed. will hospital provide bottle formula or will i ahev to take this in myself. not sure what will be availaible in hospital?!!! aaaarrrrggggghhhhh first time mother syndrome setting in!

I personally washed everything before Jack was born in fairy non-bio, part of that was through boredom lol
But i think they are less likely to irratate if was first

Also Hospitals do give you formula in dinky little glass bottles they have a range of formulas so only thing you need to do is decide which to use, I used and stil use SMA Gold

Hope this helps hun

Hi,

I washed everything in any non-bio stuff and wash Dom's bits separately as it's easier for me to sort as I am lazy ;)

I had the problem where I just thought I would be breastfeeding straight off and had problems at hospital so had to go to bottle, so we came home and had nothing except a breast pump and steriliser, so my DH had to rush out and buy formula and bottles etc.

In the end after one day at home with no MW grabbing my boobs I started to breastfeed then did not really use the stuff we bought - typical :)

Before baby came yes, after baby was here and the game was on, no :wink:

I washed everything in non bio too, it makes the clothes softer and less likely to irritate. I had lots of probs breastfeeding in the hospital (what is it with midwives grabbing your boobs....I got used to it by day 3) and Seren was given top ups of formula provided by hospital though I did find it tricky to persude them as they were very pro-breastfeeding and don't offer anything that may stop you breastfeeding. Just be insistent. However whilst luckily I had a steriliser I had no bottles as I also assumed all I would have to do is put baby to breast etc, and we had to make an emergency stop to the supermarket back from the hospital. I also recommend that you take some nipple cream (I used lasinoh) and maybe some nipple shields as I found them great when I had sore nipples, though not all babies take to them. I had nothing and had to get OH to bring some in for me, but had to wait ages.

thankyou for all your advice ladies! will pop everything in the washer tomorrow after im back from my tour around the hospital! eek its all getting closer! i bought a steriliser and breast pump today just incase the baby wont take to the breast. still got a few last bits and pieces to get before bubbs arives. omg not long to go.

We seem to be so organised that its very scary...starting to run out of things to do now. Nursery is finished, 6 bin bags of baby clothes (donated from a friend and well appreciated) all washed, dried, sorted into age (from newborn to 2 years!), all bedding washed, dried and put away and even though I am really determined to breast feed (even though alot of friends are against breastfeeding or keep pulling me down saying I probably wont manage it :roll: ) we have bought a pump, loads of different sized Avent bottles, steriliser cos at the end of the day these would come in handy for expressing or using formula should things not work out. Need to buy a couple of tins or formula just in case as well to keep in the cupboard.

Have bought everything really, even bath stuff as we went along so we wouldnt be panicking and just getting to the point that I am having to stop myself from packing the hospital bags cos I wont have anything left to look forwards too next month!

Am I sad or what !!!!!!! Feel we've got a little carried away but were certainly ready. My brother in law and his girlfriend couldnt believe how much we had done as they are 2 weeks behind me and have only just started...think we scared them to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back