Babies and Snow...

HeppiBean

Reaction score
How do you cope with taking LOs out in the snow...

I don't drive so if I need to go anywhere we're going to have to walk... But I don't know how the pushchair will cope with the snow/the temperature for Cesca? :/

Any advice would be much appreciated

xx

I just use a warm comfy snowsuit and layer a long sleeved vest, socks and baby grow underneath. Add a hat, some mittens and a blanket and you're pretty much set ;)

Some prams are better in the snow than others you will just have to try it

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Check out some online reviews of your pushchair x

I bought one of those baby carriers and wasn't going to use it but am now thinking it may be a good option in the snow! Plus LO will be nice and snug up against me or oh!

That's maybe an option? X

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!

I agree. I nearly slipped before xmas with a sling on, put me right off

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Good point! Maybe ignore me then lol! Didn't think of that! :) xx

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!

we took LO out today (we live in maidstone so would of had similar conditions as you today) we have a silvercross linear freeway pram and it handled the snow ok, got some stuck in-between the double wheels a few times but just stopped and rolled it backwards a little and it came out :) we dressed LO in a short sleeved full legged vest, sleep suit, snow suit with hood and gloves, and also used both the cosy toes and the apron on the pram. we also had the rain cover on and he was happily staring at the snow and was still nice and warm after we had a quick play in the snow when we got home! we also don't drive so it was a fun experience! x

I'm too scared to take LO out. Walked to the shop earlier on my own and the snow has been transformed to about 2" of pure ice where everyone has walked on it. Literally shit my pants a few times lol Pushing a buggy in it as well as worrying about bump is too much stress. Just hope the snow goes soon coz I hate it, haven't taken LO out since Friday and feel so bad for him stuck in doors for 2 days!

I'm not too worried about me slipping over... But then I don't have a bump to worry about unlike last year lol. I'm more worried about whether the pushchair will get stuck or something lol and how warm she'll be, but I guess if I wrap her up really well she should be alright xx

I'm not too worried about me slipping over... But then I don't have a bump to worry about unlike last year lol. I'm more worried about whether the pushchair will get stuck or something lol and how warm she'll be, but I guess if I wrap her up really well she should be alright xx

Yeah she'll be fine hun, esp if you put the rain cover over also she'll be proper snug in there xxx

Oh its one thing I do have much experience of is pushing a buggy in snow/ice, I worked from when eldest was 6mo & had 2 take her 2 & from nursery each day in all conditions & with new LO I have the school run 2 do, just be very careful one of my friends skidded under the buggy & let go of it & it went flying, luckily not onto the road & I have been literally stuck in the snow & had to get OH to come & literally lift the buggy out, thank god it wasn't too far from home. Please be careful. I would only take buggy out if little bit of ice or snow, I fone LO's school & say theres no way im doing school run in this she's staying off.

Oh and babies are fine in any conditions. A hat/gloves/snowsuit & she'll be fine

:)

I have been literally stuck in the snow & had to get OH to come & literally lift the buggy out, thank god it wasn't too far from home.

My pushchair actually doesn't weigh anything but is very sturdy. I've got to go to the shop tomorrow (5 minute walk, if that), so I'm going to take her with me and see how it goes. xx

Uch i'm sure you'll be fine!

Mind I live in Scotland, snow is always worse. And certain parts are normally cleared, stick to the main parts.

Thats why I got a big chunky buggy with big wheels, the ones with tiny wheels wouldn't last 2 minutes here.

Good luck chick!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back