Awful delivery & now prolapse?

Will78

Reaction score
We welcomed our beautiful daughter into the world mid-May and we're besotted with her. However, it wasn't a nice delivery (if any are) - 16 hrs, poo in her waters, me strapped to bed,episiotomy, failed ventous (sp) and finally forceps. Then she had infection.....oh boy we went through the mill.

I was stuck in hospital for 10 days while she had antibiotics so i wasn't able to bathe my cut etc. i got an infection and the stitches popped. They are healing now but i've just noticed a fairly large bulge where one if the splits was, and im feeling pressure down below & like my bladder never empties properly. Basically i/ve self-diagnosed a prolapse because this bulge is totally blocking my point of entry (sorry, tmi) and i can push it up IYKWIM.

I have my 6-8 wk check next week & a follow up at hospital to check the stitches but i don't know whether i need to rush to the GPs earlier.

Basically i've had enough of all these problems and am scared stiff that im going to suffer with long term problems, never be able to have comfortable sex again & maybe even affect having more children!

Does anyone relate to this and have some advice or reassurance that a prolapse can be 'fixed'?
thank you

Hi hun. Poor u sounds like you have had a rough time. If you are worried I would get to the doctors this week. I also had stitches after tearing (my labour lasted 90mins and no pain relief so he also pooed inside due to stress). I have now healed from tear but I developed a lump inside about a week after giving birth. Was given antibiotics and turns out it is a cyst which is unrelated to child birth so it might not be to do with your stitches. I would recommend getting it checked so u know what you are dealing with xxx

it wont hurt to get checked. you do feel weird for months after down there. a year after my boy was born I now feel like theres something heavy there but I just got told it was some scar tissue from my hymen- funny that coz never felt it in the ten years ive not been a virgin!

Use pelvic weights - im about to try some that I won in a competition and am even gonna review them on my blog lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back