Awaiting midwife - what happens next

freepie

Reaction score
Hi,

Have moved to new location so waiting to get assigned a midwife... what happens after this? does she organise my first scan~?

Hi :wave:

can only speak from my own experience but i waited until 8 weeks before i seen midwife, she did home visit and took some bloods and filled out paperwork and stuff about family history.. i then had to wait for scan date.

good luck hun :hug:

Not really.

Its a bit of an anti climax the first MW appointment tbh. Usually they don't see you till 8 weeks plus (not speaking for everyone here, but what I was told by my GP and MW to explain as to why they don't see you beforehand) as there is nothing really to be done, only paperwork. And then chances are nothing else till 12 weeks when if your health authority do them, its a scan if not then just bloods done by the MW. Although some places do bloods a little earlier.

Your MW will fill out paperwork for you when she first sees you and send it off to your hospital of choice and they will contact you with a scan date. Could be 12, 16 or 20 weeks depending on their policy and what they offer. Ask her is she knows when they offer the first scan, she should be able to tell you.

A little question as i am confused.
I had my first visit with MW at 9 week when she took blood test, hystory ecc. next week i will hae first scan. At 14 week i will have to see MW...do i have to book her r will they contact me as they did for 1st visit??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back