Avon ladies

titch

Reaction score
Have we got any avon ladies on the forum? Ive just started and Im on my first campaign, and just got my first order too! :dance:

Thought it would be good to have a thread to discuss things and give advice to girls thinking about taking it up. Im hoping it will be a few extra pennies on top of my rubbish maternity pay :)

I thought about doing this! my maternity is going to run out soon, EEK

seems to be good so far, i reckon i'll probably earn £50 on this 2 week campaign which isnt bad,its not gonna pay the mortgage but its nice cash in my pocket. i've really enjoyed geting out n about too.

:wave: just thought Id update this. I am now on my 3rd campaign and LOVING avon. Ive got out and about loads, I even went round to one of the granny's houses on my street for the afternoon with LO, and I only met her because of Avon. Someone new moved into my street last week and I had a good reason to go round and introduce myself. Im so much happier, LO and I get out the house all the time now, and everyone waves and says hi when we're out :) I cant get round the street without someone opening their window for a quick chat.

Ive also earned a lot more than I thought and Im going to become a sales leader (got a meeting next week) so I'llbe able to sign up and suport other reps, :yay:

Im really glad Ive done it; its got me the 3 things I wanted; extra cash, meeting new friends (im new to the area) and I lost some weight cos of walking the streets. I totally recommend it :D

ooh and Im running my first pamper party with my friend in a few weeks :)

Fantastic news! :yay:
I'd love to do Avon but i've not the ability to stick at something like that lol! Maybe when Evie gets a bit older. Glad you're enjoying it :)

I'm a dedicated Avon lady!!....... Although I'm a buyer :lol: not a seller! When my contract ended a few years ago my auntie tried to get me into it, got me everything I need but we had quite a few round here so I didn't do it x

Ooh sounds like good fun!! I'd love to do it but I can't afford the risk of not earning anything lol
What does campaigning involve? Is that a stupid question?!

its quite a low risk start up really. You get the brochures and order forms free. You can either do 'friends and family' so just sell to them or you can get a street allocated to you. You then post your brochures through the doors with a note &order form or knock on the doors to introduce yourself and ask if they want avon (if youre brave!) then go back 4-7 days later and collect them back with the order forms. Then you go online and place all the orders. Avon deliver to your house and you sort them into bags, go and deliver and collect the cash from your neighbours.

Then after 10 days you have to pay avon 75-80% of the cash you collected, either at the postoffice or bank. then you get to keep the rest.

there are some costs but los just thrown up on me so i'll post again!!

ok Im back!

Basically there is a £15 starting cost but they spread that over 2 payments of £7.50 which thye take when you make youre first and 2nd orders so as long as you got orders you'll have the profits to cover that.

After the first 2 campaigns you have to order your own brochures, you can order them in packs of 5, I order 8 packs (40 brochures) and that costs around a fiver but I could order less if I could be bothered. What they tell you to do is get 20 then do the street in blocks so you collect them back and do the next lot. But I prefer just to do them all in 1 go cos Im lazy!

You can also buy their paper or plastic bags to deliver the orders in but you dont have to, Ive heard of people who use spare tesco carrier bags etc... You can also buy sets of samples and stuff to show the products, but again you dont have to its up to you.

you can stop at any point as long as youve paid the £15 startup cost then thats it.

I'm a dedicated Avon lady!!....... Although I'm a buyer :lol: not a seller! When my contract ended a few years ago my auntie tried to get me into it, got me everything I need but we had quite a few round here so I didn't do it x

yeah I have a few people on my street who already order through their friend/family so if there are loads of reps by you you'd have to find a street with loads of customers!

Fantastic news! :yay:
I'd love to do Avon but i've not the ability to stick at something like that lol! Maybe when Evie gets a bit older. Glad you're enjoying it :)

Its sooo much easier to do it with a pram, I have no idea what Id do without it, I load up all the brochures on it and go posting :lol: I think Illl keep the pram after LO grows up just for my avon :rofl:

Its somethin ive considered doing for the same reasons as u really, i think il get investigating if theres any local streets to me that need doing, my friends n family wouldnt work cos they live all over the country n friends have very expensive taste, lol

X

next week i'll be able to access the computer system to see which streets are free. PM me if you want and i'll be able to check for you x

Ah it sounds like louds of fun, I think theres quite a few in my area too plus I dont think I could survive on an Avon wage as it would be the only income I'd have!
The Body Shop have started the same sort of thing and I was looking into doing that as theres no one in my area that does it but when I worked it all out I wouldnt have been able to afford to live :(
Its something I'd love to do though maybe if I had a part time job as well it would work!

^^ yeah you cant really do avon as a proper salary although its possible to build up over hte years and some peoplemake amazing amounts of money. That wont happen straight away and takes a lot of dediation. Think of it more as cash in hand extra spending money. I made £120 on the first campaign and i was top seller in my team, last one I made £40. Its not going to pay the bills but every bit of cash helps!

I think you can still claim benefits as long as you dont earn over a certain amount. Youre not employed by avon, youre in your own business, so I dont think it affects benefits, definately check tho dont take my word on it!

LOL I just imagined me getting done for benefit fraud and saying blame Tiny!
I'll look into it then, I didnt think you'd be able to but then I dont pay much attention to anything they tell me cause they're usually chatting rubbish!
You've been doing really well considering you've not been doing it long, well done you!!

next week i'll be able to access the computer system to see which streets are free. PM me if you want and i'll be able to check for you x

Ooh thats great, il do it now, thank u :)
Xxx

You've really got me thinking Tiny, I had looked into Kleeneze but I think the outlay was much higher. Really want to shift some of our debts and every penny counts!

Ive found that avon is quite easy to sell, I as surprised to be honest, I just knocked on my neighbours doors and said Im doing avon and they were dead excited to have a brochure. Out of 61 houses I have 36 customers who have said they want the brochure. Its harder work in the beginning in terms of time, so if you do it, do it when youre still on mat leave. After the first 2 campaigns you dont really have to door knock just go post the brochure through the doors with a note and go back round a week later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back