avoid grapes??

MrsCK

Reaction score
So I was in the pharmacy yesterday and got chatting to the pharmacist about pregnancy and she was telling me that I shouldn't eat grapes when pregnant, I thought this was strange as its a fruit but I googled today and they said that black grapes should be avoided in tri 1 as they can heat up your insides or something like that and it can be harmful to baby and increase risk of mc. also there's something harmful that can be passed tthrough your milk.

I'm loving grapes at the moment so am a bit shocked by this as thought I was being a healthy, now im really worried. anybody else heard of this??

I hope not :( I've eaten loads of grapes!

Never heard this one before, i was eating grapes by the punnet load at one point! I wouldnt be too worried though theres so many things theyve now decided are harmful in pregnancy its getting a bit extreme in my opinion. I dout there was many things deemed harmful when my mum was pregnant with me and im fine

Wtf lmfaooo!

Well god help my insides!
All i eat is red grapes. That so silly! And or that to come out of a someone who works in a chemist!

Stick to the nhs guidlines.
No grapes mentioned!

I love grapes and eating loads was even told by dietician in diabetic unit that they are good to eat.

This sounds ridiculous to me! I have been eating grapes with no problems and at my 20 week scan all was perfect, I don't get how grapes could heat up your insides?! That sounds mad! x

Last edited:
Stick to nhs guidelines and don't listen to anyone else xxx

I've eaten loads of grapes !! I wouldn't worry. Like someone else said just stick to the NHS guidelines. If we listened to everything we would never eat lol xx

Last edited:
Agreed if it was a risk it would be in nhs guidelines. Iv eaten grapes loads and been fine but if you are likely to worry yourself have other fruits personally I don't think it has any scientific proof xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back