Avent Vs Tommee Tippee Bottles

russellmuscle

Reaction score
Hi girls

Just looking for opinions on what's best out of these bottles? We originally went with tomee tippee bottles - got like 30 bottles, but about half have started to stain ? They went a sort of pink tint to them LOL ? I also find Jackson feeds better from his little advent one, no leaks and better flow into the mouth and sturdy teat?

We can't use his small avent ones as they are only 4oz.

I'm just wondering if the above has only happened to me ?

I'm looking to restock on bottles but since J will start properly weaning soon I'm not sure how much to get ? I thought maybe 9?

My friend switched to avent but had found theyr not much better .. But the tomee tippee bottles are annoyin the hell out of me, doesn't help I've become OCD since J so no matter how many times I wash and sterilize these bottles they still look dirty ?

xxxxx

30 bottles?! we only had 6 and now have 4 left lol! weaning or not youll still need them for water, milk etc so id say at least 7 x

I've used Tommee Tippee bottles since starting to FF & they're still as good as new hun. I cold water sterilise the bottles etc. & steam sterilise the teats because I found the sterilising solution turned the teats a cloudy colour. They never leak either.

I use avent and they've been fine. Don't really have anything to compare to though as these are the only ones we have tried. We have always only had 4 bottles!

Well I have 30, I gave my mum 10 for when she has him up in hers. Then we have 20 in the cuboard but only 15 r big bottles 5 are the little ones that we can't use.

Trust me I know I have tonnes that's why when I restock I wanna reduce because Jackson currently has 2 cuboards, between bottles, sippees, calpol meds etc, and then we have his bowls and plates for weaning! There's actually loads moree like dummies so I'm trying to reduce before he takes over my kitchen! LOL!

I wash the bottles, then put them in the sterilizer have done since NB but only now they have went funny ? The avent ones are £11 for 3 on kiddicare so I was thinking getting 3 packs.

My friend had says hers stained eventually. But its not just the staining, no matter what teat size I give jackson he still seems to leak out milk or choke, or the teat near comes inside out but not if I use his small advent one LOL.

So before going out and buying I jus wanna check if they are any better.

xxxxx

Have had no probs with my tt bottles s

have you thought about MAM bottles lovely?
We use these and they are fab, I think tweety uses them also?!
They are self sterilising in the microwave so it's simple and quick to do. They are well priced as well
I used tommee tippee originally and had no snags not heard anything about avent.

i use the new tommee tippee comfort bottles and i've found that the bottles are already going a cloudy colour! I assumed it was because they were steam sterilized. And i've noticed a couple of my bottles leak slightly. Although i had to throw one away the other day as it kept exploding every time i shook the bottle!!

With my last baby i used Avent and from what i recall i never had a problem with them.

When it comes time to restock Harrisons bottles i'll be going back to Avent, but at the min Harrison is very colicy and i'm not sure if Avent do the anti-colic bottles, plus i just spent a small fortune on these at £14 for 2 and i have 8 of them, plus near £5 for 2 size 2 teats!!

x x x

we originally had tommee tippee but switched to MAM because O didnt get on with them.

Would use MaM every time now. fab bottles xx

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

We have MAM and love them. So handy that u can sterilise without a steriliser if caight short out and about. X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hmmm, mam, ill look into these.

I have a micro sterilizer for my bottles at the present.

Thanks ladies xxxxx

I had this problem too. Me being me and having issues with ocd I wrote to tt and asked why it was happening. The snooty woman emailed me back and said it was due the following reasons 1. hard water 2 .the electric steriliser 3. washing bottles with high coloured foods eg pasta sauce. She was talking crap as I microwaved in tt steriliser, we3 have soft water here and never ever wash bottles in with other dishes. So I pointed all thay out and told her to re read my email as id already said step by step what I done and she ignored that and blamed the 3 things above. In the end up she apologised and asked me to return the 8 bottles and I got new ones in the post. Ive never opened them as I had already got 4 pink avent ones which havent stained or gone yucky.

I need to sell the tt ones. I do like them but the cloudy bottles look dirty to me. Maybe cold sterilising would have been better. Xx

tapatalking

Maybe, my bottles are washed same way as yours, separate.

I steep mine in hot soapy water (boiling) then give them a wash then sterilise in the micro lol.

Oh well I will Deffo need to avoid tt next time!

Ta Gayle xxxx

I do like the way they feel to feed though. But I prefer avent as they are pink and haven't stained. We have 4 now. But I just wash and sterilise as I go along now. Ive got 2 in the cupboard and just use 2 as we are on 3 per day now. Xxxx

tapatalking

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back