Avent IQ24 Steam Sterilizer

Kiranxxx

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone else use this sterilizer and if so could you just confirm a couple of things for me as the instructions are confusing.

1, If on mode 2 (24 hours) each time you take out a bottle do you then have to re-set to sterilize the rest of the bottles?

2, When you make a feed how long to you keep the bottle for it to be used up? I've been told you can only use the made up feed within an hour

3, Can you make up a feed then put the bottle in the fridge? if yes how long for

4, What happens when we need to go out can I take a feed with me and keep it in a changing bag?

Thanks

I don't have the IQ one, just the regular Avent steriliser which keeps things sterile for up to 3 hours provided the lid isn't removed. In order to avoid having to keep sterilsing things, I sterilise 6 bottles in one go, then store them in the fridge for up to 24 hours.

Once a feed has been made, you can only keep it for up to one hour, to avoid a bacteria breeding. Again, for this reason, it's advisable to make up feeds fresh just before you need it.

When you go out, you can either bring ready-to-drink formula milk cartons, or bring out the measured amount of powder in a powder dispenser and hot water in a vacuum flask. With reagrd to the bottle, you can buy pre-sterilised single-use bottles, or bring your own bottles in a coolbag with an icepack.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Thanks for this, Where can I buy pre-seterilzed bottles from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back