August mummies 2012 weaning ideas!

Cam had strawberries for the first time today. He really liked them! It was a case of grab one in each hand and shove it in!!!

XX

Hi girls, sorry I've disappeared off for a while!! I've had a bit of a difficult week with eating and Mia. She's teething so nothing seems to please her and she's not been eating as keenly. Baby food seems to go down better than my own food but I don't know if that's because it's smoother and easier for her at the mo!
Anyway today was better so I'm glad. I tried her with pineapple today and she loved that, strawberries are a fave too. Oh and she loves the biscotties too and cries when it falls out of her hand!!
We had chicken stir fry tonight so I've whizzed some of that to give to her tomz and also saved some chicken to do with peas and potato. I tried her on salmon last week and that was a big no no. She likes cod tho.
Finger food wise new things I've tried are scotch pancakes (loves those), melon and pineapple.
I've given up on breakfast and just let her feed herself toast and banana as she just got really upset with me feeding her porridge or weetabix so we've come to the conclusion she's not really a breakfast person!
Anyway thanks for carrying the thread on, it's great to get some ideas xxx

Glad Mia is doing well... I need to up the finger foods.xxx

Glad Mia is doing well... I need to up the finger foods.xxx

I tend to always give her a plate with something on at every meal. Sometimes it's fruit, bread, cheese, organix snacks, veg etc sometimes she ignores and other times I get frustrated cos she won't eat the food I'm trying to give her as she's more interested in the finger food!! She's now trying to grab her spoon and put it in her mouth now but I think self feeding is a long way off! Xx

Cam is currently tucking into a cheese and caramelised onion chutney sandwich! Its going down a treat!!

XX

Cam is currently tucking into a cheese and caramelised onion chutney sandwich! Its going down a treat!!

XX

Yeahy! Sounds good. W has slept through his lunchtime. I don't know what to make him when he wakes up xxx

Just put a piece of strawberry in Aaron's mouth and he loves it! He's eaten the whole thing

He's unable to hold it himself but its a massive step as babies with DS are notorious for having issues with texture.

Think ill do an Aaron friendly finger food trial and who knows it might even encourage him to hold stuff?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364296778.509264.jpg

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

Yay Aaron!!

Strawberries were a big hit here too!

I would def do finger foods. Like you say, it might encourage him to hold stuff and he'll get better at it the more opportunity and practice he has.

:)

XX

Go Aaron!!

I gave LO boiled pots, mashed carrots, brocolli and some.fish finger last night. I think she liked it all, but gagged on some carrot!! X

tapatalking x

Just put a piece of strawberry in Aaron's mouth and he loves it! He's eaten the whole thing

He's unable to hold it himself but its a massive step as babies with DS are notorious for having issues with texture.

Think ill do an Aaron friendly finger food trial and who knows it might even encourage him to hold stuff?

View attachment 34581

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

Clever boy xx

Go Aaron.

I'm really needing to up the finger foods... Iv let myself slip into lots of spoon fed meals :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back