***August and September 2023 due dates***

Sjf0709

Reaction score
A new thread now we are all in the 2nd trimester <3:bump:

How are you both doing ladies? Where are you up to with the testing process Sarah, how are you feeling about it all?
Everything's ok over here, I'm just exhausted as our little boy is (probably just making out he's) ill, so I haven't had much sleep the past 2 nights xx

Ahhh hope lil man is OK. My morning sickness is driving me nuts I'm just vomming all time even on school run its so attractive lol. Had bloods done yesterday results should be back next week possibly Friday she's going to phone me as soon as they are in. She said there's no number to these ones they will come back high or low and they are 99% accurate. If it comes back as high then they will treat it as its got downs and will send me to Leeds to have an echo on the baby to see how its heart liver and bowel are . They've said if I want 100% confirmation then I need the needle thru the abdomen but I've said I'll see what these bloods come back as first. Xx

How are you feeling about it all?
And I'm sorry to hear about the sickness, have you had it in all your pregnancies, I only had it really badly on my first!
As a result I think I'm going to have to do something to try and keep my weight down this time! I haven't put on too much in pregnancy before but I'm feeling really hungry this time and allowing myself to eat whatever helps but I'm already bloody huge and feel like it's not just all bump this time :doh: xx

I have absolutely no idea. Danny cried it's one of those things where you don't expect to go thru it especially having 3 healthy kids between us. I had terrible sickness with willow from start to end even threw up in labour . Didn't have any sickness with river so its not as if I can think oh is it a girl cos I'm same as willow as I didn't have any with river. I put on about 5 stone with willow when they weighed me near end and I was 17 stone I was like nah mate your scales are wrong lol don't know how I put it all on I didn't eat wirh her as I was just sick constantly I think I managed to work a full week in total my whole pregnancy with her cos it was bad. Hardly put anything on with river and I ate like it was going out of fashion have no idea how that worked . At beginning of this pregnancy I was always hungry and ate everything now I hardly eat Cos I just throw up xx

That's so strange isn't it! I was sick loads with Hendrix, our first and only put on a stone and a half and then lost a stone from labour and another stone from breastfeeding so within about 6 months was lighter than when I started and I don't really know with Harlow but again not too much even though I wasn't that sick with her but I feel like I'm just ballooning this time!
I'm really sorry about the testing situation, as you said it's totally unexpected isn't it and you could do without the worry! I really hope that these tests come back as low chance for you xx

Thanks hun seems to be dragging this week. Threw up in garden on school run I'd locked door already and didn't have any choice willow was like mum rats will come now lol. Little turd. Sue had a bad nightmare last night so hoping she has a good day at school today. We was forecast snow to hit this morning but not had any yet thank goodness xx

Results in came back as low 99% chance not got downs xx

Gender scans booked for Thursday :) xx

Yay, that's lovely news Sarah, I'm thrilled for you and how exciting for the gender scan :) xx

Thank you hun can breathe a little now, its my birthday the day of the gender too xx

Ah, what a lovely birthday present :)
Baby is due around my birthday, so that'll be lovely present too xx

Hi ladies, sorry I’ve been missing for a while! My little girl has had chicken pox and omg it’s been exhausting! She’s getting better now though thankfully.

That’s great news Sarah. I’m so pleased for you and how exciting that you have your gender scan so soon!!

We told our little girl, Isabella that she’s going to be a big sister. She didn’t understand at first but now she does and she keeps saying she is going to me a mummy and she has a baby in her belly too haha. She’s also non-stopped been playing with dolls since she found out which is cute.

Ahhhh chicken pox is grim how she been with it? They have scared willow ans river. I was lucky they both got them together river was only 3 months old tho and wasn't covered as bad as willow you could barely see willows face from the spots. She's got a few scars on her face and back rivers got a few scars on her belly.
Oooo how exciting wonder if little man comes on your birthday ? My scan isn't till 515 so willow gets to see it too although we are asking them to tell us in a way she won't know so that she can find out at weekend with Danny's 5 year old she lives over an hour away so it's not as if we can take her with us xx

Oh yeah, chicken pox is rough Sarah, our 2 got them exactly 2 weeks apart so we had a whole month of it to deal with! I think it's just such a horrible virus to be able to do that to their poor little bodies :-( I really hope she hasn't had it too badly and gets fully over it soon.
Ah, that's nice Sarah, we took our 2 along and they had a colour changing light bulb so said the light would turn pink or blue depending on what baby was :)
Have either of you had any thoughts about names yet? I really like Atreyu, like the boy from the neverending story, but hubby is having none of it :doh: xx

She’s thankfully generally been ok with the pox but her sleep and temperature at night has been something else so we’ve not been getting much/any sleep which has been exhausting. Luckily she hadn’t been bothered by the spots even though she’s covered from top to toe so hopefully they don’t scar. I know I’ve got a scar from one I had above my eyebrow.

aw that’s nice that Willow will get to see the baby though! How do you plan to tell them all at the weekend? That’s a nice idea of the scanning place @Unicorn to have the coloured lightbulb. I wonder if they’ve pressed the wrong colour by mistake before and had to correct themselves haha.

My husband won’t entertain name ideas until we know the sex. Last time we had 1 boy and 1 girl name (we didn’t know the sex until she was born) and we couldnt agree on any others so if we are having another girl it’ll take us a while to agree I think. I’m also not sure I am still keen on the boy name we picked last time so it might be back at the drawing board for both haha.

I think ours offers the light bulb one but we aren't going to do it so willow doesn't know. Danny's 5 year old asked last night on face time if we can get a cannon or a balloon each for them so will probably do that. We have Liev for a boy ( pronounced Layth like Nath but with a L) it's a viking name and both me and Danny are into our vikings and last kingdom (yup sad sacks we know lol) they do they same for a girl but it's Spelt liv so every one would call her liv instead so can't have it for a girl. We've not decided on a girls name purely cos Danny is adamant this time it's a boy but I like the name payton heard it on izombie lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back