***August 2016 Mummies***

Glad every one is doing okay! I also have lower back pain still but I don't know if it is pregnancy related or just my bad back that I had anyway! I find work a bit tricky with a bad back as I am on my feet most of the day! But I have today and tomorrow off so hopefully that will sort it ready for the week ahead.

I have my 16 week appointment Wednesday morning and my consultant appointment in the afternoon! I haven't met a consultant yet and I remember from my booking in I have to have a consultant because of my BMI being 35.

Anyone else having a consultant and midwife led pregnancy?

Still being sick as ever - I forgot to take my anti sickness tablet yesterday and I was sick all day so at least I know that the tablets are working ... It would be nice for the sickness to dry up but yesterday I felt as yuck as I have all the way through tri 1! xx

I bought my first pair of maternity jeans yesterday... I have never been so comfy haha!! xx

Yes I must do this! I was meant to buy some the other day but didn't bother going to town so I am going to get some this week I have got to, all my normal trousers are starting to dig in and hurt a bit! xx

Here's my little one :) it's only the head, the one where you see her/him completely is very blurry cause he didn't stop moving :) I hope it worked with the attachment.

Attachments

• IMG_20160221_152556.jpg
    IMG_20160221_152556.jpg
    429.6 KB · Views: 6
Congratulations Flo :) Lovely picture xxx

Lovely pic Flo.

I'm in so much pain with my pelvis tonight. Went for a walk down the beach this afternoon but in agony now. I've been feeling really off the past week or so, have had a tender tummy all day and having stomach cramps and lower back pain today, similar to period pains. Not sure if that's normal?

Cant wait to see my midwife on Tuesday, hopefully she can give me some reassurance as not feeling very confident atm! Hormones are probably to blame tbh. I can't remember but does anyone know if they take bloods at 16 week appointment? I'm wondering if my iron levels are low and that's why I'm feeling so rubbish. I was anemic when pregnant with Harper but cant remember when that was picked up xx

Aww Roxy you must tell her that you were anemic last time as you may well be this time. Maybe the cramping is because you over did it on your walk or something? Tell your midwife if you're worried and keep an eye on pains xx

Am going to mention about being anemic before as defo think that could be the reason why I've been feeling so rubbish lately. As for the pains, I've had them since this morning so before any walking was done. Probably just stuff moving around and stretching but will mention it to midwife on Tuesday too. Xx

Yeah chances are it is because of stretching ligaments - hope you feel better! Xxx

Does anyone have any feelings as to what they're having? Last time I was positive I was having a boy. This time I'm going backwards and forwards, although I always say her or she. I think cos this pregnancy is different. Last time it flew by, nothing except a big bump. This time I'm craving sweet things (mainly chocolate ice cream), and I can't stand cooking anything more then shoving things in the oven, the smell makes me gag. Trouble is I don't know if I'll believe them if they say girl at the scan as my cousin and a friend were both told girl, and both had boys.

Last edited:
Think I've figured out how to add my scan pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 8
This was the 2nd one. The technician told us to hide the 1st one, or we'd be charged twice, as its £5 per picture.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 8
Nice pic, flinty. Are you really charged per picture? Nice of him to give you one extra. :)
Roxy, I already got put on iron supplements, based on my bloods of the 12 week tests. I hate how they make the nausea worse, but they do work. I'd tell your midwife so you can get supplements too.

I'm desperate to know the gender now, mentioned to DH about booking a private scan for 16 weeks but he said to be patient and wait for my next one at 19 weeks! Grr I'm so impatient x

Our NHS area won't tell you the sex and haven't done for a few years now.

We have a private gender scan booked in two weeks time, so before my NHS anomaly scan.

Clothes starting to get annoying now. All my trousers are too tight apart from a couple of pairs of 'fat' jeans.

I have absolutely no gut instinct of what I'm having. I didn't last time either hsha! Everyone says I'm having a boy. I've got 3.5 weeks to wait to find out and I can't wait!

Yeah clothes are becoming an issue for me too, I've done an eBay scalp and bought some stuff xx

Yes same here. Just dying to buy stuff. Ultrasound technician at 12 weeks said she would guess it's a boy but I daren't buy anything until we are 100% sure on the gender. So impatient!

Is anyone still struggling with food? I'm fine all day, love sandwiches, toast, etc. Then I get to dinner and struggle through it every single night. Nothing sounds appealing, nothing I want to cook etc. It's very unlike me. I really do miss a good dinner!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back