At last some positivity!!! :)

futuremum

Reaction score
Hello!!!

After the struggle in the first weeks with Thomas, I wanted to say that at last everything is getting so much better (might jeopardise it now :wink: )

Thomas is a much happier baby, giving plenty of smiles and laughing. He has also been sleeping through the night for 2 weeks now, which is great :)

He is getting used to the bottle now and does not struggle to drink anymore. Only down side is that he does not drink much at all. He came down to 4 feeds a day which will change as soon as I am back to work( in the next 2 weeks) as I would have to get up at 6 instead of 8. But he can drink as little as 2 ounces and go 3 hours without it.... I do not really know if he has put the right amount of weight which i will know on monday but he hardly fits in his 0-3 months clothes now, so I guess he is doing ok :)

I really do not want to leave him to nursery, i love this little boy too much but at least he won't be far from my work place so I can see him at lunchtime :)

How are you all doing? I have not been on here for a while so hopefully you are all ok :)

Nathalie

Good to hear from you and pleased with all your news!!
Just a bit jealous about the sleeping through bit..... :( :( :D
Emilia xx

Well I have been lucky but I am not expecting anything more of it. i have been told many babys sleep through for a while and then start waking up again!!! Does Oscar feed well? I am a bit wooried about Thomas not eating much at all. hopefully this is a phase :)

That's great hun, is good to hear from you. Bet Thomas has grown loads? Me and Seren are doing ok, she is calming down a bit too x

Hi Shona!!! Yes he has grown loads!!! According to my scale he is 6kgs 300 which would be 13 pounds 9 but will know for sure on monday, their scale are much more accurate!!!

It is time to go shopping to buy some new clothes lol Bad for finances but I love chosing his clothes lol

Glad to hear that Seren has calmed down too:) Do you still breastfeed her? since i put Thomas on the bottle 3 times a day he does not drink well from my breast anymore, he plays more with it than anything else and i have to top him up with a bottle. I think this is the beginning of the ned for breastfeeding!!!

That sounds really positive and has reasuured me.

My feeding is still quite hard work at the moment.

I am still doing all of the feeds with no expressing or formula at all, so I am still feeding for six hours in every 24 hours :shock: :shock: Takes ages!, but I have been reassured that sam will get more efficient at feeding and these long marathon feeds will be a thing of the past quite shortly.

Sam is a very good sleeper in the night and always has been and I am looking forward to when he sleeps right through the night, and I am sure he will do it quite soon.

You sound like you are doing really well!

Hi Sarah!!!

I never beleived it but it does get easier!!! I have to say that breastfeeding drove me mad at some point and just when everything went better, i had to introduce him to the bottle which was hard to do as he would refuse it and rub his face on my breast :cry:

The worst bit Sarah are growth spurt, usually around 3 weeks, 6, 9 , 12 weeks. If you can identify them just tell yourself it will only lasts a couple of days but God i hated those days sitting on the sofa all day to end up having a baby screaming for food after feeding for 2 hours non stop!!! I started to introduce formula and since he is on the bottle I can see a bit of a pattern, he will ask every 2 to 3 hours if he drinks 4 to 5 ounces. sometimes he will only drink 1 ounce so will ask for food 30 minutes after that. He is not a big drinker, hopefully the HV is going to tell me he put on weight ok on monday :pray:

Pm me if you need to talk, it always help!!!! Good luck and do not give up it will get easier :)

Hi. Yep still breastfeeding, still finding it a bit tough at times but its getting there.Seren now weighs 13lbs 5oz but she is so tall that we are at that stage where the 0-3 months are too short but the 3-6months are too wide so she will have to have cold ankles!! Sorry to hear that you feel breast feeding might be ending but you have done so well, look how far you have come from those early days. It might not be the end, you could perhaps feed him in the morning and at night and these can be your time, especially with going back to work. Will pm you soon, take care xx

I still breastfeed Thomas morning and evening and want to carry on as it is our moments now :). When he does not take much from it I give him a bottle but at least I would have given him the breast first :) Seren is the contrary of Tom, the 0-3 months is too small wide wise but perfect for the length, the 3-6 months trousers are far too long. I am afraid he will be like my dad having short legs, not fun at all lol :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back