At how many weeks does the midwife first check you down below?

lrb

Reaction score
Just curious at have my midwife app tomoZ so don't wanna get there and she says trousers down lets see what's going on lol! Id like to be prepared if possible :)

It normally happens after 40 weeks. Mine did do mine early though at 39 + 4 days

iv never been checked down there n next week is last app with her so cant see her doing it then either

hope not anyway lol

Im 36+4 tomoZ so how many more times should I see midwife on adverage? And does it go to a consultant after a certain amount of weeks? X

They won't force anything - I haven't been examined aT all by MW as didn't want a sweep. Sweep would have been the first and only examination and that wouldn't have been until after 40 weeks.

Im 36+4 tomoZ so how many more times should I see midwife on adverage? And does it go to a consultant after a certain amount of weeks? X

Im not sure on the normal appointments as I have had to see my midwife every two weeks and then every week for the past month due to my Blood Pressure Problems.

Me and the midwife only opted for the sweep as sometimes it can kick things into action but as my luck would have it because we want him out before it goes to induction it didnt work and he is still snuggly in there.

U will see them 36, 38 and 40 weeks. Goes weekly after that. I get my first internal at 41 if he is engaged as they will try and do a sweep. They dont do it unless they have to x

you will see her again at 38 then 39 and you shoud have been given an app with consultnt for 40 weeks
i got my 40 week back at the time of my 20 week i think, i was also told i can have a sweep then ifi want

Must depend on the area, cos we dont see them at 39, - only 38 and 40, then 41. Never had consultant mentioned. Xxx

Never had a check down below. I popped 5 days before due date.xx

because I've been told she's been engaged for a while, could i ask her to check to see if I'm dilated at all do you think?x

i have no experience of this but id say you can definitley ask her to check! im tempted to ask mine already as im sure babys nearly falling out lol

xxx

She's deffo still engaged i can feel her there, back ache is becoming unbearable and this whole no sleep thing is really becoming tough, day or night my back won't allow me to sleep!! i wanna ask her to check, if i am dilated i would like to come home and try all the old wives tales. ill even DTD if need be!- (gotta b desperate to say that ha!!) but I'm sure oh will be very pleased to hear that!

Fingers crossed! But I know Midwifes don't like to do abything till Atleast 40w! Just wish I had some proper symptoms so she will check me! X

Guys.....I practically broke down in tears about my back....saw doctor and midwife. I cant walk anywhere now apart from hobble round the house ir get into car if hubby is takin us to mums. they didnt give a damn.....no matter how much pain...lack of sleep or emotional stress its causin me...the would give me an early sweep or induction.

Even tho....his actual words were 'the only way t get rid of this pain is to get ur baby out'

Fingers crossed they do someth for u hun xxxxxx

Oreally, so there is no hope then! I had a feeling they would be like this unless ld had my show or contractions. I'll still ask but not looking hopeful! Thanks for replies xxx

they dont like to mess around down there til your possibly already in labour as any irritation of the cervix can cause you to go into labour really, its only a slim chance but they prefer not to take it unless your already on the go so to speak lol so id imagine they wont want to start poking round there til after DD unless u think your gone into labour or have a show / waters

With my first, it was kinda forced to get checked coz they noticed something wasn't right with baby & induced me there & then. They checked to see if I was dilated or not (I wasn't) I was totally unprepared lets just say.

With 2nd LO I got a sweep at 39 weeks, but it was pre-arranged so i knew what was happening.

General rule is that unless its an emergency you will know in advance. But if you go & something wrong with baby they might do it w/out notice, I tried to be "ready" at every MW apt just incase.

Good luck
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back