Asthma? ?

precious_cargo

Reaction score
Hi girls
Ella's 17 weeks n was diagnosed with a throat infection after a trip to emergency docs and was given antibiotics. She was lethargic etc n didnt seem to b getting better so had her back. The doc examined her and said shes wheezy and has been given an inhaler n spacer etc. My niece n siblings are asthmatic. What age do they diagnose?? Wats the plan of action for babies x

Ella Faith 8/2/13 8lb 13.5 oz x

My friend's little boy will be one next month and he has been given an inhaler and spacer to try to see if it helps his cough. They kind of use them as a diagnostic thing it seems. Have an inhaler, if it helps, then its asthma :/

How is she using it? My friend was worried that it would frighten him but he loves it! Its so funny, he properly smiles when she gets it out!

Literally waiting for oh to bring it from chemist so we will see bit scared :0/
She has to have it 3 times a day x

I went with my friend to pick it up and we were both worried about how he'd take it but he honestly loves it. She lets him play with the spacer after

Gave her it earlier n she was ok let her hold the spacerfirsy not sure its done much good x

We went swimming today in a public pool and she was really clingy and chesty. We havent had a full diagnosis yet but has anyobe else found this? Shes been swimming at another pool previously and we didn't have these problems x

I've got a spacer and pump for my boy he was 3 mths but I'm asthmatic but only diagnosed when I was 10! It tends to flare up when he's got a cold/ unwell but they won't fully diagnose till about 3-5years I think! X

My brother was registered disabled with asthma and when j was born he had all the sae health problems my brother did. Joshua got a spacer at about 6 months (3 in october) and his need increases. The second he gets a cough hes staright o the gps and he normally gets the strongest inhaler he can for 2 weeks and then a follow up. He does get bad he has the strongest inhaler antibiotics in case its based on an infection and steroids and chances are ot wont get better but he manages it fine and so far its nowhere near what my brothers was but thats probably because loterally as sson as he coughs were at the drs.

They will treat any wheezing etc AS asthma ie inhalers but it will not and can not be confirmed apparently until 2 xx

Thanks for all the info ladies xx

Both me and my hubby have had asthma since we were young, so we assumed when Alyssa was wheezy and chesty for nearly 3 months over winter that they would treat her for asthma, but no. They said they wouldn't give any asthma treatment until they were at least 1 year old. I thought this was ridiculous, there were times when she was really really wheezy. But anyway, the warmer weather has kept her chestiness at bay, so hopefully if it happens again this winter they will treat it.

By the way, swimming is really good for asthma, so there may be something up with the chlorine levels at the pool where you think he had a reaction, because that shouldn't generally happen xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back