AROMATHERAPY MASSAGE

STEPHANIE

Reaction score
Hi, I've just found out today that I'm pregnant and am delighted (I have a 4 year old already). Very worried though as had an aromatherapy massage last Saturday for half an hour - they used lavender and rosemary.... am worried what effect this may have. HELP![/b]

i know lavenders fine during pregnancy just make sure you dont come into contact with anymore oils mention your worries to the midwife she'll prob tell you not to worry... :wink:

Hi Stephanie, Yes, Lavender is absolutely ok to use all the way through pregnancy, but rosemary is not...however, if there were going to be any effects, they would have happened by now. Don't worry! The reason it is not safe is because it has been proven to bring on contractions, because it is a stimulating oil. But as I say, it would have had almost immediate effects, if it was going to have any....just steer clear of rosemary oil for the next 8 months...it's actually ok to use for a massage if you go overdue, because it may help to bring on labour :D ! I used it for #1, my hubby rubbed my back with it during labour as well. Lavender (one or two drops in a carrier oil) is safe for use on young babies, as well, but again, not rosemary, because it's just a bit too much for the little ones. Hope this helps, and alleviates your fears..if in any doubt, you could always phone your masseuse and talk to him/her about it..or any qualified aromatherapist would be happy to help!
Love and Light,
ukwahine

hello and congratulations.
lavender is fine, i have been using drops of lavender oil in the bath and its really relaxing. so dont worry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back