Arnica

annem

Reaction score
hi, has anyone tried arnica?

do you know when you should start taking it?

I've bought some from holland and barrett and spoke to a nice lady there, she suggested taking it from 39 weeks as it aid healing after the birth :D

you shouldnt take it until you have had baby, you need to have had the problem for it to help the problem.

unless ur taking it for bruised ribs, as it helps that too

I took it after birth, I think it helped the healing process especially after the c/section. The bruising was surprising, i looked like I had been kicked about the tummy, i mean they were black.

Ask a homeopath rather than Holland & Barrett staff :D

This site will help too;
http://www.helios.co.uk/

I know it helped my healing, I couldn't believe how black & blue I was from my epidural :shock:

bruised ribs :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I tried to get my dad to get my some this weekend as he was in the uk but the woman in the shop wouldn't sell it to him because I was pregnant :wall: :wall: :wall: I told him to just get it.. because I won't BE pregnant when I take it but he got all male and wobbly.. so I didn't get my Raspberry leaf tea nor my arnica... :cry:

Squiglet said:
bruised ribs :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I tried to get my dad to get my some this weekend as he was in the uk but the woman in the shop wouldn't sell it to him because I was pregnant :wall: :wall: :wall: I told him to just get it.. because I won't BE pregnant when I take it but he got all male and wobbly.. so I didn't get my Raspberry leaf tea nor my arnica... :cry:

:hug: :hug: arr at least he tried

I took it after my section and it seemed to help. Lx

I took it after my episiotomy. I had a burst stitch and infection so can't tell you if he helped, but to be honest anything is worth a try, and its only a couple of pounds I think.

Some MW's recommend lavender and tea tree oil in your bath after the baby to help with healing, others recommend salt baths, so it could be worth getting some oils in just in case. They are only a few pound in Body Shop.

My number one recommendation is TAKE IT EASY! That;s the best way to help with healing (which I didn't do, I thought i was Superwoman!)
:shakehead:

AWWWW SQUIG... you should have said, i would have posted you some!!! do you still need some?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back