Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh HIS BLOODY MOTHER

Omg I so can relate to u guys his mother is doing my head n my hubby ive been with him 7 years only married 7months ad she doin my head n - she took over decoratin my house n now she takin over the baby's room wanton to buy curtains but only the ones she wants and I'm like no I swear I could scream she's just off the phone I'd agreed on nice teddy neutral ones n dunelm mill n she rang saying oh I seem tatty teddy ones I'm like no !!!! I'm gonna have to put my foot down ��

That would piss me off severely! !!!!!!!! X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry tri hopping!

Tabbi could you let me have the list of websites you mention? I'm skull obsessed too, I had my 12wk scan yesterday so celebrated by buying a gorgeous skull baby grow on eBay!

Thank you xx

http://www.gothlings.co.uk/babygrows-2-c.asp
http://www.rockyhorrors.co.uk/goth-baby-clothes.irs
http://www.darksideclothing.com/acatalog/Childrens.html
http://www.therallyshack.co.uk/street_baby_clothes.htm

These are ace sites. I got a few outfits from these ones and they are brilliant quailty just get a size up from what you want as they can be on the small side for size. x x x

I'm quite scared that if I start on this topic you may never shut me up!

I've been told if it's a girl I'm not allowed to call her Heidi (which I loved!) Because it's a whore's name and everyone will call her Heidi-ho. If it's a boy I'm not allowed to call him Jesse because that's a gay boys name.

Baby is also be called "our" baby and she went and bought things before I did, before my scan!

We were "stupid" for waiting for the scan to tell people because "you can't think like anything is going to happen" and they asked nearly every day if they could tell the rest of the family and moaned when we said no.

I have a slight obsession with skulls, pretty ones mostly! I have a sugar skull tattoo and the majority of my wardrobe is skull related clothing. Apparently I'm not allowed to dress the baby in skulls. Now tbh if I wasn't told this I probably wouldn't, now because she's said it this baby will more than likely be completely skull covered!

And the reaction I had when I said I was planning to exclusively breastfeed for at least six months was phenomenal. She's been trying to plant little seeds about how she'll buy bottle sets and how I can express when she has the baby overnight. Which is not happening!

I could go on. Don't even get me started about wedding planning! That was a nightmare!

If I was you and you want the name heidi call your baby it. All my family said not to call my daughter lilith as it's a whore's name...and that they wouldn't call her by that name but her middle name instead. Well my daughter is called Lilith Sabriel they call her by her first name now as they had no chance.

As for wearing skulls all the time, you sound like me, I actually know a few good sites that do babygrows (not all in black will add), bibs, tops you name it. I brought one for DD and DS and they looked so cute, so I got another for this one.

Don't let anyone tell you how to raise/name your baby or what it can wear or not. As for feeding, I'd turn and say to your MIL face...if you buy or have brought any bottles you'd best take them back, as I won't be needing them for the first six months. And when it comes to you needing bottles you'll make the choice as to which you'll buy and use with your child. If need be throw her off by saying you want try a few before you settle.

As for what you could rant about hun, make a thread and get it out in the open and see if people can give advise etc... plus you'll be able have a laugh and unload. lol x x x

Heidi was decided before MIL said that now MrHop has been put off. I don't understand where this whores name thing comes from, personally I don't know any!

I will be investing in some funky skull clothes and no doubt all my friends will, I think that will annoy her, that they'll be gifts!

I definitely won't be budging at all on the feeding front! She is shockingly disgruntled about it but tough! I said it's not as easy as just buying bottles because they're on sale and she told me not to be silly lol. I give up!

No doubt there will be a reason for a real rant soon! I'm sure you'll all be amused by the rubbish she talks! Xx

Make him warm up to the name again if you love it...its easy. Go for the skulls clothes get your friends buy them as the gifts for baby. or for baby shower can send you a list of sites that are amazing.

I wouldn't budge on feeding and good on you for not shifting either Its the best thing for you and baby. So what as well if they are on sale, they will be again before baby would need them and who's to say baby will ever need a bottle you could breastfeed until a year then no bottle is needed.

We'll all be here for your rant. And ignore her she had her chance it's yours baby not her's...or is she having the baby for you? Hummmm its a joke when some MIL say our baby too. good luck x x x

I will definitely have a skull covered baby! I've seen quite a few online that I like, waiting for pay day!

Definitely not budging on feeding. I don't know who she thinks she is tbh! My own mother wouldn't tell me how to feed my baby! She's expecting to have the baby overnight quite early I think. She will be very much mistaken! I'm hopefully going to breastfeed for as long as possible.

She actually wants to look after the baby every day for me to go to work. Now this may sound like a nice thought and childcare is obviously very expensive but.... she wants me to change my shifts in work so that I work 12-8pm every day, meaning she can work morning's and look after the baby every evening until I pick the baby up at around 8.30, meaning me and the baby wouldn't be getting home until 9pm every day! Never mind the fact that I'm a manager and wouldn't be able to effectively manage my workload working all evenings, she just assumed that I would be more than happy with this arrangement! When I suggested she changed her shifts to work evenings she told me that she'd hate that and wouldn't want to.

This is a woman who doesn't clean her house from one month to the next, chain smokes in every room and has dogs that aren't house trained. I can't see myself ever taking the baby there let alone leaving it! I've told MrHop he needs to have words but I don't think he has any intention of doing so.

Haha I like that! Are you going to do all the hard work and push the baby out? When I talk to my own mother she always has really good points. She said we've had our children, we've done the hard part. You're supposed to enjoy grandchildren and spoil them and love them, not get involved with every given situation. Your not supposed to make decisions or push things onto them. I completely agree with that!

Anyway I've forgotten what I was ranting about now but I feel a bit better! Haha

Omg I so can relate to u guys his mother is doing my head n my hubby ive been with him 7 years only married 7months ad she doin my head n - she took over decoratin my house n now she takin over the baby's room wanton to buy curtains but only the ones she wants and I'm like no I swear I could scream she's just off the phone I'd agreed on nice teddy neutral ones n dunelm mill n she rang saying oh I seem tatty teddy ones I'm like no !!!! I'm gonna have to put my foot down ��

Definitely put your foot down! Say you've already sorted it but thanks anyway!

Tri hopping - my MIL couldnt give a shit. Me and OH have been together 2 and a half years, and in all that time we have never had a normal conversation....and i'm a chatty person. I used to make an effort to try and talk to her about all sorts, but after about a year, i thought 'well screw this'. I honestly dont think its because she doesnt like me, I think its just her way. I thought at least when i got pregnant, that she'd make an effort, but no...nothing! When we went round after OH told her the good news, all i got was a simple 'congratulations'. Not once during this pregnancy has she asked me how i am feeling or anything at all about the baby. When she found out we are having a girl, she said to OH 'oh, another girl', as her younger son has twin girls.

So reading all your stories, mine is definately easier to handle, but just damn rude! On the plus side, she has bought us a couple of big items and asked for my approval before she bought them, so guess i should be happy that she is not an interfering so and so, even though she makes no effort to talk to me!

I think the funniest thing I witnessed when it came to OH's parents getting told what for was when my mums friends had their second baby boy and called him Jackie. Her OH's parents hated it and said it was a girls name and refused to call him Jackie and started calling him Jack, even though they were asked not to by Liesa and her OH. One day, their 4 year old boy Christopher turned round and said "His name isn't Jack, it's Jackie!"
After being told by a four year old they gave in lol

Great!! My oh is a jackie, althougth he likes jack better now older, they thought we were a female partnership on our morgage paperwork.

Cw I also forgot to add Piper is on our shortlist! As well as Pieta (OH isn't a fan though!)

Mrs hop, peta for girl was on my list , but ive dropped it now as unfortunately my surname is jones! Couldnt have bridget , indianna etc either ha

Lovely name

My familys reactions have actually been shocking this time! My mil who is up in scotland, (has only seen devon once) has actually been great so far, reactions lovely, wouldnt want her any closer tho!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back