Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh HIS BLOODY MOTHER

cw25

Reaction score
God she gets on my tits!!!

Tlking about baby names and I love Piper for a girl OH likes it too.. But his Mum Christ instead of just saying erm I'm not keen (not that I give a stuff what she thinks) she is like no way it doesn't go! Then text's him to say "There is no way our baby is being called Piper get a grip!" its like oh jog on old woman it's not YOUR baby...

I know its petty but she drives me mental at the minute I'm giving her a wide berth cos I can see myself snapping!

Sorry ladies had to rant lol x

Oh good lord CW! How you keep quiet about it..id of snapped by now! Haha. Its none of her business what you call the baby. Like you said its YOUR baby not HERS! Xxx

Wow...that's so rude! Just don't discuss any names with her from now on. What does your oh say? x

Well I read the text last night n I was like "and your mum can fuck off, it's nothing to do with her and you can let her know this isn't her baby!" he just said nothing which I'm not surprised at wish he'd tell her to do one though sometimes.. This baby if it is a she is now being called Piper just to get on her tits lol

I can totally relate to your post! I'm getting my hair off with OH's mum lately.

She might as well give birth to the baby as i feel like I'm just being pushed out. She has an opinion on everything. She had 3 children - so she's had pleanty of practice; so why does she feel the need to take over everything?

Her reaction when we told her we are having a girl was "It could still be a boy" because she wants to carry the surname on. I don't know how i didn't slap her! You feel so protective over your child already and i thought that was such a horrible thing for her to say!

She keeps talking about how she needs to see if the pushchair is the right height for her and that shes going to get a changing mat and wipes to keep at her house - I'm not being funny but how often do you think i'm going to give you our daughter?
We are having a child because we want one - not so we can give it to her all the bloody time!

I know she means well but christ i want to slap her! :wall2: xx

Make a pregnancy ticker

Last edited:
I can totally relate to your post! I'm getting my hair off with OH's mum lately.

She might as well give birth to the baby as i feel like I'm just being pushed out. She has an opinion on everything. She had 3 children - so she's had pleanty of practice; so why does she feel the need to take over everything?

Her reaction when we told her we are having a girl was "It could still be a boy" because she wants to carry the surname on. I don't know how i didn't slap her! You feel so protective over your child already and i thought that was such a horrible thing for her to say!

She keeps talking about how she needs to see if the pushchair is the right height for her and that shes going to get a changing mat and wipes to keep at her house - I'm not being funny but how often do you think i'm going to give you our daughter?
We are having a child because we want one - not so we can give it to her all the bloody time!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Ha yeah! Well she was on about buying a crib to have at hers, there's no way this baby is sleeping over there without me present she's a big drinker it isn't happening, luckily my OH's step brother is expecting too they live in Aus at the minute but are moving back soon thye are due 3 days before me so I am REALLY pleased they are coming back will take some of the pressure off

Make a pregnancy ticker

Ha yeah! Well she was on about buying a crib to have at hers, there's no way this baby is sleeping over there without me present she's a big drinker it isn't happening, luckily my OH's step brother is expecting too they live in Aus at the minute but are moving back soon thye are due 3 days before me so I am REALLY pleased they are coming back will take some of the pressure off

LMAO!! She sounds exactly like my OH's Mum. I'm trying to ignore it at the moment but its not working! Don't know how much longer i can go on without saying anything! At least you've got someone to take the pressure off :) This is their first grandchild. :shock:xxx

Make a pregnancy ticker

Yea this is hers too and my OH is her only child but I dnt care she's driving me bananas lol

My OHs mum does my head in too. She is so judgemental (those who remember when I was pregnant and found out Ella had DS - her reaction was 'oh my god! What will people say!'
A week before Ella was born, she phoned me to tell me that her friend and her had been talking about whether the baby should go through mainstream education or go to a special school (she wasn't even born yet!!!)
Then 6 days after Ella was born, and after they had medically sorted her out - we phoned to explain Ella was coming outta hospital, she said "that's good - now we just have to work on her intellect ( she was 6 day old!)
It hasn't improved throughout the year.. She cannot see past Ella's Down's syndrome... Can't see her little character without looking at her as a 'downs' baby (despite my often telling her that phraseology says she is a baby with Down's syndrome, not a downs baby!!!!)
I have just given up!!! :-( xxx

Can't see tickers because I'm on my phone!

I love the name Piper, I think it's really pretty :)

I am so glad my in laws aren't like this (yet anyway lol)! xx

My OHs mum does my head in too. She is so judgemental (those who remember when I was pregnant and found out Ella had DS - her reaction was 'oh my god! What will people say!'
A week before Ella was born, she phoned me to tell me that her friend and her had been talking about whether the baby should go through mainstream education or go to a special school (she wasn't even born yet!!!)
Then 6 days after Ella was born, and after they had medically sorted her out - we phoned to explain Ella was coming outta hospital, she said "that's good - now we just have to work on her intellect ( she was 6 day old!)
It hasn't improved throughout the year.. She cannot see past Ella's Down's syndrome... Can't see her little character without looking at her as a 'downs' baby (despite my often telling her that phraseology says she is a baby with Down's syndrome, not a downs baby!!!!)
I have just given up!!! :-( xxx

Can't see tickers because I'm on my phone!

Gosh!!! I honestly wouldn't be able to cope with that must be so hard for you to keep your cool!!! But then again your little girl will no doubt be amazing and show her how wrong she's been to be so judgemental.. I can uncerstand maybe her upset at first but if she did some real research she'd see your daughter will have a fulfilled happy life with down syndrome or not!!! xx

Last edited:
Omg i had piper on my names list for a girl last time, my daughter was obsessed with calling baby pepper or piper!! Its not onthe list this time, as ive found my name , but still love it, dont listen to your famiky, dont tell them names itsyour choice and once baby is out they will see how much it suits them!! After birth they cant comment!

Oh and no one liked my name devon last time it stopped many convosations and im soooo glad i was brave and went slightly outside the norm!! Boy or girl im doing the same this time!

Last edited:
That's such an awful thing of her to say! Piper is a great name and it's up to you to decide on a name. Some MIL's really go way too far and think it's their baby. My MIL was also talking about 'our' baby which really annoys me. It's her grandchild and MY/OUR baby. xx

To be honest, it doesn't bother me what her opinion is just the way she voices it ... My Mum wouldn't comment like that no way.. She has made me LOVE the name even more and the thought of her hating it spurs me on.. Piper is different and I only know of one other but he's a boy and I don't actually know him.. My other daughter is called Krystal she is the only one in her school and I want a name as unique as her's Piper is my leader for a girl so far :) x

Piper is a nice name, not that it matters what I iron anyone but your OH thinks,it's your baby. The mil sounds like a real piece of work!!! My in laws just aren't that interested at all, which is a bit rude,but not as hard to handle!! Good luck. Just don't tell her things, I wouldn't. Xxx

For the record, I think Piper is a beautiful name.

I almost had a flaky last night with my MiL. Instead I just put the phone down and lost it lol - hubby just looks on, scared to say the wrong thing lol. Doesn't want to upset either of us.

As long as you love the name, who cares! :D x

For the record, I think Piper is a beautiful name.

I almost had a flaky last night with my MiL. Instead I just put the phone down and lost it lol - hubby just looks on, scared to say the wrong thing lol. Doesn't want to upset either of us.

As long as you love the name, who cares! :D x

Ha that's it with my OH just says nothing I think to either of us so he doesn't get it from both barrels poor lad haha x

I think Piper's a great name. But to keep the peace you always compromise with Pippa :dance:

My mom hayes my choices too. I told her if she want to name something she'll have to buy a goldfish because she has absolutely no say. I also said to her if she keeps going on about it im gonna use a name with an x or a z in. That shut her up.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back