Argh?! ADVICE NEEDED!

haylower

Reaction score
Ok so I have a bit of a stuffy nose due to hayfever. Went to bed last night and woke up with my mouth WIDE open and dry as hell this morning, which of course, affected my temps (grr :wall2::wall2: )

Anyway, did my oral temp 97.52, which is another teeny drop. I also decided to do a vaginal temp which was 98.06. I know vaginal temps are always higher, but not by .6!!! So I got some advice to average them both as the oral temp was clearly wrong because of the mouth being open all night.

Gave me a rise again today. What would you have done???

I would have stuck with the oral temp if all the others are oral temps. You have to stick with one method for the whole cycle and by changing methods and 'averaging' all you're doing is manipulating the temps to get what you want to see, it's not doing you any favours really and skewing your pattern.

Yeah that was my initial thought, but i was told that things like that can influence the pattern :( agh i hate this tww bollocks

As long as your temp is above cover line then all is good. Temping isn't a fail safe way of recognising a pregnancy x

Very true. Cheers hun i'll switch it back x

I would stick with the oral too hun. I have swapped between oral and vaginal temps before and had a big rise like that. If you're still above your coverline, I don't think you should worry about the odd temp out of line because of an open mouth. I know it's tough but try to think of the big picture. Are you taking it from under your tongue on the same side every day?? I find that helps. GL xxx

Thanks hun! yeah same side, under tongue every day. I'm gonna see what my temps do tomorrow :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back