Are you scared?

shadow

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I wanted to pick everyone’s brains on how they feel about the whole labour/having a baby thing.

I’m currently 29 weeks pregnant, expecting a boy and it’s my 1st.

It only now seems to be sinking in that I’M HAVING A BABY. I am completely freaking out. I cannot even think about labour as I start to have a panic attack, it is really frightening me. I don’t know how I am going to cope.

I watched a documentary on BBC3 the other day about a 14 year old teenage mam, and her labour seemed excruciating. She ended up having to be surgically cut 3 times, and had 80 stitches. OMG! Now I’m not 14, I’m 25, but I’m quite small and have no clue how I can prepare myself mentally for labour. I’m going to be attending anti-natal classes from this Thursday, for 6 weeks; but I don’t know whether this will make me worse or better! I have a conception to birth book, but haven’t got to the labour section yet. I am freaking out so much, and my husband is pretty useless- his opinion is, you can’t change it, so why worry about it- easy for him to say, he won’t be going through labour!

So I want to know if anyone else feels this way- am I over reacting, is anyone else this scared?

And don’t even g :eek: et me started on the whole- I’m actually going to have a baby, a tiny living being that I am responsible for- I think my brain just melted…….

Terrified.jpg

just remember that women are built to be able to give birth...

I was really worried about the labour and pain but by the time you get to the later stages of pregnancy you just want to get the baby out and you dont care too much about the pain. I've had some really painful contractions these last couple of days and somehow you just cope...

The more you prepare and buy for the baby the more you start to realise it's actually happening...

You'll be fine... the mind is a strange thing and it's normal to feel scared x
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm quite looking forward to it cos I know from experience how amazing it is when you get to hold baby for the first time, well worth the effort!

I had a really straightforward labour with James, 12 hours of proper contractions, half an hour of pushing, with pethidine, gas and air and no stitches :D

I think you have to remember when they tell birth stories on the tv they usually go for the dramatic one's with maximum pain and gore. Most womens experiences would make pretty boring viewing!

If I were you I'd start looking at the labour section of the book, I think it's good to know what to expect.

You'll be fine hun, if it was so bad the human race would become extinct! :hug: :hug:

Nooo nowt to worry about. This is my third so im used to it by now lol.

Hiya, i'm 36 weeks pregnant and it's just started hitting me that i'm HAVING A BABY! It's by first too, i'm 26 and also small. I am not so worried about the labour part itself as I have decided on an epidural and I have faith in the Dr's/midwives if the situation was to become an emergency etc. I obviously would rather avoid a cesarean but I also except that the most important thing is that baby comes out safe and well. I totally understand your fears as it is a highly emotional experience and is physically and mentally demanding. I would definately suggest some antenatal classes as I found them incredibly helpful and comforting, especially having other pregnant woman to talk to and a midwife to chat to. I started mine about 29 wks so u should enroll asap.

Really don't panic, but be assured that all pregnant woman go through the same worries and fears and you are totally normal. This site is also great for voicing any concerns and discussing issues with other woman.

Also for advice I can't recommend highly enough the book "What to expect when you're expecting" it's my pregnancy bible!

:hug: I was feeling exactly the same only a few weeks ago but now.... BRING IT ON!

I've had enough of being pregnant, I feel so uncomfortable and i'm so excited to meet my little boy that all my fears have gone. I know it's going to be agony, like nothing I have ever experianced before but I just want to get on with it now.

You'll be fine hun, try not to worry too much. Just look at all the new babies that have been born on here recently.... it's so exciting :D

Pilkers... is it me or is ure sig wrong?? lol it says ure veing induced on 28th feb?? lol thats a whole month away!!!

I just think to myself that when that time comes it may be scary and painful but each contraction is a mountain and a step closer to having ure precious little baby, im actually looking forward to it!! lol

littlepip said:
Pilkers... is it me or is ure sig wrong?? lol it says ure veing induced on 28th feb?? lol thats a whole month away!!!

I just think to myself that when that time comes it may be scary and painful but each contraction is a mountain and a step closer to having ure precious little baby, im actually looking forward to it!! lol

and thats what pregnancy does to your brain :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

It's meant to say jan...well spotted x

Bring it on i say...i love being in labour and giving birth and the feeling u get once you see your little baby!!!

But i dont love it that much to give birth twice in the space of up to an hour without pain relief epidural for me this time me thinks :think:

:rotfl:

Hate to say it but I'm really not bothered about having to give birth, I've had a crap pregnancy and giving birth just means an end to it all and I'm going to have my body back, and a beautiful little girl too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back