Are you having (or have you had) a girl from DTD on ovulation day?

CatLady86

Reaction score
Hiya all,
So I have read about the ''theory'' that if you DTD (do the deed) 3-5 days before your ovulation day you have an increased chance of having a girl as the girl sperm swim slower but live for longer, whereas the boy sperm are fast but die off quicker so if you want a boy you are supposed to DTD the day before ovulation day or on ovulation day....

I was wondering, did any of you have DTD either the day before, or on the day of, ovulation (and not before that) and still have a girl, or expecting a girl at the moment? Thank you :)

Oooh I'm interested in this as I've been looking into the Shettles method. :lol:

We DTD long before O when we had our baby girl.

TTC this month & it would be nice for a boy this time round, so planning on DTD on the day of O. So I'll let you know in 9 months. :lol:

Oooh I'm interested in this as I've been looking into the Shettles method. :lol:

We DTD long before O when we had our baby girl.

TTC this month & it would be nice for a boy this time round, so planning on DTD on the day of O. So I'll let you know in 9 months. :lol:

Yea, I guess I'm more curious about it not working. Like people who had a girl even though they DTD the day before or the day of ovulation :)

And bahahaha, thanks xD Good luck!

With my 2 girls I dtd a couple of days before ovulatiom day. Im currently pregnant with a baby that would've been conceived right on ovulation day but I wont find out the sex for another 5 or so weeks. But I'll keep you posted!

With my 2 girls I dtd a couple of days before ovulatiom day. Im currently pregnant with a baby that would've been conceived right on ovulation day but I wont find out the sex for another 5 or so weeks. But I'll keep you posted!

Awh man, sooo long, lol xD I assume you are only about 15 weeks along now then? Okay, thanks hun :)

Are you pregnant and trying to work out the sex?

IMO I think it's highly possible to conceive a girl on ovulation date. X

Are you pregnant and trying to work out the sex?

IMO I think it's highly possible to conceive a girl on ovulation date. X

I am in the fun 2 week wait period, lol. But we DTD ON ovulation day and then I suddenly thought yesterday something like ''oh does that mean if I am preg it's gonna be a boy.'' Just 'cos I already have a son and have wanted a daughter for years, although I still want more kids either way, haha :p x

With my first son we DTD 3 days before ovulation so I was totally expecting a girl but nope, a boy! I wasn't tracking ovulation with my second son. I wanted to try a few days cut - off this time because I'd love a girl too, but we got a bit carried away and this baby was concieve the night before I ovulated so probably another boy... Il update in 5 weeks lol xx

Ahhh I see! Well good luck for the 2ww and good luck on getting a girl. :) xxx

This one was conceived day before O and last scan shows its a girlie x

DTD 2 days prior to O and had a little boy 4 weeks ago

Last edited:
We had iui so pretty well timed with ovulation and we are having a girl :)

With my first we dtd a day or two before ovulation and she was a girl. This time we had sex the day of ovulation and having a boy xxx

Day before ovulation and day after ovulation an we are having a girl :) xx

Just found out were having a girl and DTD the night before ovulation :) although also did it 3 days before aswell so I'll never know which set of sperm was the lucky one haha!

My oldest son was a definite 'DTD 3 days before ovulation' conception, so he "should" have been a girl according to shettles but he's definitely not! Xx

We had IVF (my eggs were collected on ovulation day according to my phone app) and we are having a little girl :)

I had a girl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back