Are my pelvic floor muscles no good?

Beatlesfan

Reaction score
Since I have had Imogen I have found that I need to empty my bladder more frequently (within the hour of drinking a drink) and really have to go whereas before I could hold my wee! Not good I know....

Is this just normal? Or do I need to be doing more pelvic floor exercises?

I do them throughout the day on and off, nothing regular, just when I remember!

I didnt have a vaginal birth, so I cant help greatly im afraid.

Tho my mum told me that after she had my brother, she used to pee when she coughed, sneeezed, laughed etc etc. And was going to the loo all the time. Only got better after about a year, and doing pelvic floor excersices all the time...

I dont mean this to sound how its going to :hug: but are you doing them correctly? Just coz if not then it could take longer to see any effect.

Your meant to clench the whole lot down there :doh: I dunno how else to disribe it.

:cheer: Keep going, im sure it will sort its self out! :hug:

My pelvic floor has gone and ive not even gave birth yet.

Im wearing panty liners as im leaking juts by walking about sometimes

Yes, it's probably weak pelvic floor.

You need to do exercises 2 or 3 times a day for about 3 months to see any improvement.

You can ask your GP to be referred to a post-natal physio who will take you through them and examine you to see how strong you are currently.

I was a 2.5 (out of 5, 5 being the best), 7 months after giving birth! I thought I was fine, but I sooo wasn't! After doing the exercises for 2 months I've gone up to a 3.5 but I've still a way to go.

K.x

Great thanks for the advice - I am hoping to do a post-pregnancy exercise class soon, and they do PFM exercises specifically so will make sure I do them, and do them right!!

BTW - I didn't have natural birth either :hug:- I had C section.

x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back