Are my cramps normal?

Ashleigh9695

Reaction score
Hi there other mummies I’m Ashleigh.
Sorry I’m very new to this but I’m currently 5 weeks pregnant with my first child . I’m having cramps and a tightness in my lower abdomen as well as some bloating. Iv read similar feeds that others have put that had on and off cramping accompanied with spotting. I’m not currently spotting but the cramps have been persistent for around two days now and I’m just wondering if that’s normal or if any one else had a similar experience? I saw a doctor at 4 weeks to confirm I was pregnant but have been unable to get in to see anybody as there doesn’t seem to being any appointments at the minute due to the virus going around . I’m just getting really quite worried now . I really hope someone can help .
Many thanks
Ashleigh

I’ve been having cramps on and off since I found out I was pregnant a week ago. From what I’ve read it seems totally normal providing you’re not bleeding :)

Thank you for responding, A few people have told me that on and off cramps are normal but mine haven’t been on and off they have been constant for two days Should I be concerned?

I had cramps for weeks and weeks. Do you have any spotting or bleeding? So long as they aren’t any more painful than a period cramp and you have no spotting it’s considered normal.
If you are getting concerned best to speak to your GP.

Thanks for responding, and really? you had them for weeks? That’s reassuring to know that it’s seems normal then and no iv not had any spotting or blood. I’v been trying to see my GP for around 5 days now but they have closed the surgery due to illness’s related to Coronavirus. Iv rang the 111 service who were also unable to advise me in any way. So In honesty iv just been sat at home worrying about it none stop.

Yes pretty much non stop. They weren’t any more painful than a period though and I didn’t have any spotting so I wasn’t worried. Your uterus needs to do a lot of expanding and everything else is shifting about so cramps and discomfort is very very common.

Yes pretty much non stop. They weren’t any more painful than a period though and I didn’t have any spotting so I wasn’t worried. Your uterus needs to do a lot of expanding and everything else is shifting about so cramps and discomfort is very very common.

oh thank goodness. I’m glad to hear it’s a common thing and the cramps have been very similar to period pain so I suppose that’s good . Thank you so much for the reassurance this is my 2nd pregnancy but I miscarried my 1st years ago . So I’m probably just over panicking about things .

You should come and join us in November mummies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back