Are everyone's children so destructive?

cosmicgirl

Reaction score
I really am at the end of my tether.
The twins are 3 and I feel like I can't turn my back for a second. I was putting some washing in the machine and when I went to check on them, they had thrown a whole bottle of cordial, mixed in a full loaf of bread and chucked in a packet of cereal, all mixed onto the floor. They take all of the covers off their beds every morning, wee on them (as they've taken their pull ups off in the middle of the night) soak the mattress (as they have taken off the mattress protector), they seem to be intent on ruining this house. I have to do a full bed change most days, I've had to buy new mattresses, the lot.
I can't keep up with them, they are so destructive. I don't mind picking up toys, I expect mess, but this???
I have tried naughty step, screaming at them, smacking their hand, reasoning with them, what else can I do?
If I am not watching them constantly they destroy something.
They get books bought or get a magazine from the shop, it's ripped up in seconds.
I can't take much more :(
I don't remember this with my other children x

You poor thing, I think you've done great not to lock them in A cupboard and just scream!

I don't have any advice as my boy is only 6 months but I do worry
About this in the future!!

Could it be a twin thing? Encouraging and egging each other on? Have you tried seperating them, giving them their own toys, etc?

Hugs xx

Thanks hun, they have one of everything each but still fight over the same stuff!
Today has been a particularly bad day, I feel like they don't take me seriously iykwim. I was scared shitless when my mum shouted at me but my kids don't pay any attention.
The two bigger kids are ok, they don't cause any problems but the twins have been awful today. They were still running around their room at midnight last night and wrecking the room at 7am!!! I don't mind normal kiddie mess, I love cleaning (thank god) but I feel like the house is being destroyed x

My 2 are 2 and nearly 4 and not a day goes by that they dont trash the front room, had to take a pop up book paige got for xmas off her as she was ripping the bits out. She also went through a habit of drawing all over the walls, she no longer does thiws just all over herself! I really sympathise with you. Think it must be worse when there are 2 of them as they kind of bounce off each other xx

I don't have any advice either hun as LO is only 7 months. Would they be too young to understand a rewards system or chart of something? Not sure if that would be usual. Or maybe something along those lines and adapt it to their age.

Hats of to you, I think I would run away :lol:

Thanks hun, it's good to know that other kids do this too iykwim.
I almost cried when I saw the mess all over the floor, I didn't even want to clean it, just wanted to shut the door on it (but couldn't as we have real wood floors and they don't mix with vimto!)
I can't wait to go back to work, is that awful? I've had a horrible day :(
They are in bed now, thank god x

I don't have any advice either hun as LO is only 7 months. Would they be too young to understand a rewards system or chart of something? Not sure if that would be usual. Or maybe something along those lines and adapt it to their age.

Hats of to you, I think I would run away :lol:

They do have a sticker chart that worked well for toilet training, that's a good idea, thanks xx

our house was lovely before we had kids lol. Carpets are wrecked from them splilling stuff all over them, we clean them about every 8 weeks and they stay clean for about a week. Kids also scream when we put them to bed but that only lasts about an hour before they fall asleep. ikwym with wanting to get back to work sometimes you feel like you just need a break from it all xx

I feel like they are laughing at me, and they're 3 for god sake! How stupid does that sound! I don't mind picking up toys, I know accidents happen, that's fine, it's the deliberate stuff I can't stand :( x

yeah i know what you mean, paige went through a habit of drawing on the walls and spitting her juice all over the floor, oh and pushing her dinner off the table... Seems to have grown out of it now though although we did introduce the naughty chair for when she misbehaved. xx

I hope the twins grow out of it soon! I must admit today has been particularly bad. I have used the naughty step lots today but they don't seem to care x

Only advice I can give is safety gates, on every room!! & I remember with my LO having to put EVERYTHING I didn't want her to touch out of her way, which involved removing things she could climb to reach & also removing things she could climb on - oh man i'm dreading the toddler years this time round!!

Good luck

:)

Thanks hun, we have safety gates on top and bottom of the stairs and the little sods can open them no problem! They're far too clever, they work as a pair to cause mayhem! x

My 2 just fight alot now, and climb on everything. Forever telling them to get down! x

Mine are terrible for winding each other up, they push each other, pinch each other - the lot! I must be insane wanting another! x

I can't offer any advice sorry but I feel Paige might end up being the same :( Shes started ripping books, pouring her drink everywhere, lining things up just to bash them with something heavy, ripping off the bedsheets at every opportunity etc. She drives me bonkers at times. Ive had to put her cot in the middle of her room (and its not a big room!) because when I put her to bed she was pulling down the curtains and black out blind and then switching the light switch on and off. Shes 16 months for pitys sake!!!

Shes laughs if I say no as well. I mean seriously...it's like she mocks me. But obviously has no idea shes doing it! Im sat here laughing at this writing it down but its truly not funny at the time.

Hopefully they'll grow out of it. Sorry I can't be more useful but at least you know your not alone!

Sebastian is 14 months and he is quite destructive, though I think at the moment it's just boundary pushing so we just make sure we're absolutely rigid in our disciplines and that DH and I are on the same page x i hope the star charts work hon, this can be so tiring and soul destroying! x :hugs:

Thanks hun, I do feel better now, I do think it's a phase they all go through at some point, you just feel like they don't care iykwim
I cannot wait for this to pass, they are driving me mad!!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back