Are Doctors tests as accurate as they get???? advice Please!

Elle'sMumy

Reaction score
hi girls. im really upset as i was really hopefull this month, i got my period on the 6th, that means i was due over the new year and am 8days overdue. we have been BD as much as poss, only rested for a week (a week after suspected Ov) because OH tore me :oops: well, i went docs today really unsure what he was going to tell me, but to be honest was mostly thinking bfp and was totaly dissapointed when he smiled and said NO like it was a good thing! :cry:
how accurate are these tests i was too upset to ask and just got up and went. Xxx baby dust kisses to all.

oh hun :hug: was it a blood test or a urine test? I would assume as accurate as a home test at 8dpo. Maybe you ovulated late?

OH so sorry flower, CB23 is right maybe you may have OV later than usual. Fingers crossed for next month. xx

i think there pretty acurate, i think there about the same as most home tests ( some doctors dont even bother with urine tests anymore!) :hug: :hug: :hug: as long as your AF hasnt shown there still a chance

Thanks so much for your replies ladies. so thers a small chance still??xx

I think my doctors measures about 50 units of HCG which isnt that sensitive but they dont believe in testing before AF is due...... Most of the home tests are 25 and some of the internet ones are 10!!

If you dont get your AF in another week I would go back and ask for a blood test.... :hug:

Doctors tests are pretty acurate, but theres always a small chance they could be wrong, like maybe u drank to much the night before or maybe theres not enuff build up of hgc in ya system yet.
Plus stressing about it may delay AF. test agen in a few days u should have the answer then.

thankyou girls, im still hoping although we have months to keep trying hopf not years! has anyone had a wrong result from drs HPTs?? Me and my best friend Angie are both 8days late we was hoing for bfps together :( ..xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back