Aptamil or Cow and Gate???

Maisy

Reaction score
Hi, just preparing for my little ones arrival and need to stock up on some formula. Can i have peoples opinions on aptamil or cow and gate?
Thanks!

Personally we've chosen cow and gate....when I looked into it I found that the guidelines for making baby formula are so strict that there can't really be much difference between them so we chose the cheaper option. Plus someone told me that they're both made by the same company anyway xx

Personally we've chosen cow and gate....when I looked into it I found that the guidelines for making baby formula are so strict that there can't really be much difference between them so we chose the cheaper option. Plus someone told me that they're both made by the same company anyway xx

Yes they are both made by the same company, & although all baby milks are basically the same some babies take to different ones differently so you never can tell which one will be the one :)

I don't think you should stock up Hun, my lo went through every formula on the market till we found Hipp and that was the only one that settled her. No one will let you return or sell unopened formula anyway because it's too risky so I wouldn't buy too much in bulk! Xxx

Rather than stock up

Every time you'd go to buy a box - pop the money in an envelope or a separate account

Then when LO is here and you know he/she is comfortable on whichever you choose - you know your not wasting cash!

I've not had to venture from aptamil HOWEVER have been on the normal one, then comfort and now anti reflux as my LO has had severe reflux now treated with medication - you NEVER know what will happen so play it safe and don't 'stock' up :)

My little boy has been on cow and gate from day one. Originally on normal stage one, then on cow and gate comfort and then onto cow and gate pepti junior as he has a milk allergy. x

We had aptamil then c&g which we also tried comfort that had no success now just on basic c&g she's fine but has for colic.

As bex said don't stock up. We did use all the aptamil but have ended up with loads of comfort we don't need so you probably will trial and error.

X

Yeah definitely don't stock up incase it's just a waste of money. I've heard alot of good things abt Aptimil but need to start doing some research on this aswell.

Dint stock up... My LO refused sma and aptamil... Will only have cow and gate.

I agree about not stocking up. With my eldest we started on C&G, then tried Aptamil, before finally settling with HiPP Organic. With new baby we've started straight on HiPP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back