Appointment wasn't good at all :(

suzan

Reaction score
Girls, I am devastated, again.

Sac measuread 4 weeks and 3 days where actually it should measure 6 weeks and 1 day. In addition to that, sac was empty, nothing, nada in it!!!!! :cry: :cry:

Doc said it happens, what the hell does he mean it happens! It's two weeks difference.!! He said that I might have ovulated after, but come on, I got my BFO at 10dpo so how the hell would I have ovulated later?

I think I lost my baby, I have the feeling, this will be my second time, I hate myself, It's me, something is wrong with me, I dont know how to live the next two weeks, doctor told me to wait two more weeks and recheck bec baby might appear and if not then baby is gone. :cry:

Sweetheart,

I really wish i could find the words to say right now, ive read your post and in tears myself for you, i know its hard but you must keep yourself strong, we are all here for you, to chat, support you and be your shoulders to lean on.....

Sweetheart you are in my thoughts, :pray: :hug:

Big :hug: and hope that teh next 2 weeks turns out positive for you

I know it's hard but try and stay positive. It may be too early for them to see anything just yet.

If there is something wrong.. it's not you. Please don't go blaming yourself. :hug:

Hey keep positive babes, it could just be too early to see :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

This happened to me suzan. I had pain etc so they did a scan, I should have been 6 weeks and they found an empty sac measuring 4 weeks. I had my bloods monitored and they were only increasing by around 30% every 2 days so they decided that the sac was a pseudo sac and that my pg must be ectopic. I had a laparoscopy where no ectopic was found. They then decided that my pg had failed early on, sent me home and booked me in for a scan 2 weeks later to make sure things had resolved on their own.

At the scan they found a baby at 5 - 6 weeks gestation inside the sac that had been empty! They said that I conceived the baby around the 17th September, which was actually the day I had my 1st bfp.

They think that my 1st pg failed very early on, and I conceived again almost straight away.

Miracles can happen, sometimes our bodies don't do what we think they will.

Hope everything works out for you too xxxxx

Stay positive hun, i hope its good news when you go back :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thank you Andrea, I am reading more stories like yours and make me relief while others make me sad where they say they never see baby again.

Doctor told me that I might have ovulated later which I am not sure of.. I am so scared to death! how did u cope with waiting for the 2 weeks to pass/?

Hi try to stay positive ( hard I know) but i had a scan today am just 6 weeks but they spent ages doing it and the woman just about saw it by chance apparently the internal machine doesnt pick very much up before 6 weeks she said at the end she was about to tell me it was an empty sac when the other nurse spoted it. so hang in there and get urself booked in the maternity emergancy room for another reasurance scan in 2 weeks (i have another one booked)
the 2 weeks waiting for the scan is hard but just try and stay rested and the day will come soon enough
keeping everything crossed for you
PAm xx

Well to be honest I spent those two weeks grieving. They told me there was no way I had a viable pg due to my hcg levels and the scan. When I had a laparoscopy the surgeon wanted to do a d&c at the same time, I was quite out of it, but my oh told them no way and I then saw a different surgeon. Then before the two week scan I was advised to have an injection of methotrexate to avoid a d&c. We almost went through with it. We clung on to a tiny thread of hope but both felt deep down that the worst had happened. Well it did I guess as I had failed my 1st pg, but then a miracle on scan day, we couldn't believe it!

It is very hard in the 2 weeks we waited, although that was broken up by regular blood tests. Are you to have any? Possibly to monitor your hcg level?

Try to stay positive and keep as busy as possible, will help to pass the two weeks more quickly x :hug:

I asked my doc to do HCG test but he didnt accept the idea. He was like "u might have good results but what we want here is to see your baby" This is why he insisted that we dont need a thing, no symptom, no test, but only see baby is alive.

Let's see how it goes. :pray:

:hug: I'm so sorry. I'm sure this must be really scary for you. I have read lots of stories where they ended up finding something at the next scan. Hang in there. :hug:

Really sorry to hear that your appointment went badly Suzan. Do try to stay positive though, there's an even chance that in two weeks time you may be able to see a baby in the sac.

As has been said before, sometimes our bodies do weird and wonderful things; the docs don't always get it right.

I've got no easy solutions for keeping your mind off it for 2 weeks - probably not possible, only trying to stay positive and keeping busy.

All the very best

:hug: :hug:

thank you all.

I was wondering, what do u guys think of me visiting another doctor this coming week? what if this is an ectopic pregnancy? I am freaking out here. It's morning where I live, I couldnt sleep last night, i feel something is stuck in my throat and its hurting bec of how sad I am :cry:

Hi suzan :hug: From what I recall reading, if it was ectopic you would be probably experiencing pains and so on.

The blurb I have in front of me says

'Warning signs start soon after a missed period. They are a severe pain down one side, low down in the abdomen, vaginal bleeding or brown discharge, and sometimes feeling faint and women should see their doctor immediately.'

Hope thats of some use to you. From what you have posted recently, I don't think you've had pain symptoms of an ectopic pregnancy, so please try not to worry overly.

If you want to see another doctor that's something you need to decide on. As others have said, often such early scans are not able to detect much, if anything, so as hard as it is, try to not get too panicked there. Another scan might have better results, it might not. Its what you feel would be best for you. Its still early days and in a couple of weeks hopefully you would get a more definate result one way or the other.

Also if you still feel pregnant, then chances are you still are. At least thats how a doctor friend of mine explained it when I had worries in first tri. I still had sore boobs, was feeling sick and so on, so tried my best to put worries out of my mind and not dwell on them, as I was feeling all the things I had been so felt there was still something to be positive about. I decided to not dwell on the negatives as that was not good for me or baby, and thought positive thoughts as much as possible.

I wish I could offer more advice or help but I can only offer :hug: :hug: :hug: to help keep you going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back