Appetite

kra0

Reaction score
This past week I have just lost all desire to eat. Since becoming pregnant I've actually lost weight because I can't stomach eating anything. The only thing I wil eat is supernoodles or mashed potato, hardly an ideal diet! I am still taking pregnancy vitamins and drinking plenty but miss my food, any ideas what to do ladies?? Xx

I will be totally honest, i pretty much since getting morning sickness have forced myself to eat. I could quite easily go all day with nothing sometimes but i know i have to eat for the little one to keep him/her nice and strong!

Hey hun, I was the exactly the same until this weekend I have not wanted anything but carbohydrates namely bread!! Eat what you can things will get better. There are other ladies here who have not been able to keep and food down at all. I guess try to eat as plain foods as possible and keep taking the vitamins xx

Thanks ladies, I haven't actually been sick yet but just have that queasy crap feeling! The only food that sounds good is bad stuff but even at that I don't think I could stomach it!xx

At this stage, just eat what you can. Ur tiny baby's dietary requirements are minuscule and it'll get what it needs.
For now, focus on feeling 'normal' again.
In 2 weeks, I ate a sandwich, drank a slushy and a few glasses of water - that is literally all I could handle.
But I was told at the hospital that the baby was absolutely fine because it was feeding from my reserves.

So the moral of the story is, eat what you can :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I've been feeling exactly the same the last few days, its horrible! Had mash potato and baked beans for dinner last night, so easy to eat and actually felt a bit better for a while after, having toast for breakfast and just had beans on toast for lunch. The thought of eating anything else makes me feel sick and can't stand any smells at all! Like the other ladies have said, just eat what you can and try to drink plenty, which all I can drink is water too! x x

I know, its crappy, isn't it?
I shouldn't worry too much. I feel like I have eaten so little in the last few weeks, been sick so much, I have lost 12lb and am permanently exhausted. However, last thing before bed I make sure I take my Pregnacare tablet just to be sure I'm getting some sort of vitamins and minerals into me. Also, I've been quite lucky in a sense that when I do fancy things, they tend to weird combos but are nutritionally very good .i.e brocolli, almonds, cranberries and pears. Just a very tiny bit at a time, though.
You'll have time to make up for the lost appetite, but for now just ensure that you are properly hydrated. My midwife recommended isotonic drinks because I have been really thirsty too, they rehydrate you more effectively than water or juice alone so you can 'top up' with them.
If you're really worried, speak to your midwife to get some reassurance and advice.

I was exactly the same and NHS direct told me the most important thing is to drink lots of fluids and just eat what you can x

Im exactly the same right now,and feeling miserable :( I had to take a couple of days off work I was so sicky, and literally spent all last wkend on the sofa!! I am sooo exhausted all the time I come home from work and all I want to do is sleep, sleep sleep!! All I feel like eating is chips!!! I forced myself to eat a vegetable curry tonight (I am vegetarian!), and it has just made me feel so horrendous, coz I didnt fancy it but forced it down!!! So I think, best eat what you feel like eating, coz forcing down what you dont want can make you feel worse as Im finding out!! lol Only last week I was worried that I had few symptoms but now theyve hit me like a ton of bricks!! xxx

I lost my appetite at the start of December (at about 4 weeks) and it's just about come back now (14 weeks), but this wasn't helped by having tonsillitis at the start of January, which meant I couldn't eat anything, even if I had felt like it!

I've lost weight since I got pregnant but the midwife, doctor and NHS direct didn't seem worried, just said eat what I could, take my vitamins, and drink plenty of fluids. Main thing is not to get too stressed by it and just try and find things that you do like (even if it's not the most healthy food in the world!).

Hope it comes back soon!

Mine went too, but fizzy water and ginger biscuits have saved me. I was literally being sick all day every day until someone recommended that, it's calmed down so much now ladies :D x

I'm the same the last week iv lost my appetite ! Very queasy not actually being sick just running to the loo erging I have been wearing anti sickness bands eating banana and sucking on sweets :( doesn't help as a carer on the go! Going out tonight with the girls been planned for ages really not looking forward to it as it's a all you can eat mixture of everything :( just walking in is going to make me feel sick! And only one of them knows arhhh!!! Wish me luck

Vicki xx

hey V1ck,

I know what you mean...even the thought of some foods makes me feel physically sick!!! It's a horrible feeling!! Goodluck with the all you can eat, just stick to what you feel like eating, and avoid anything that makes you want to throw up at the sight of it!!! xxx

I wouldn't worry too much, I was told as long as you manage to keep the majority of the fluids down you have its fine. I can name all the things I've eaten this week as I've hardly eaten anything.
I've just been able to manage ice cream and chicken cuppa soup :( I've been drinking lucozade too, to give me some energy.

Hopefully I should be able to eat properly again, as I've had a cyclizine jab now

cereal is good too hun, kellogs all have folic acid in them you could always try weetabix with warmed milk and sugar i LOVE that its like babba food lol

cereal is good too hun, kellogs all have folic acid in them you could always try weetabix with warmed milk and sugar i LOVE that its like babba food lol

Yummy that sounds like such a good idea! Must try that xxxx

I have felt the same for a few weeks now this week has been worse. Everthing I think about eating makes me feel yuk. all today I have been eating fruit polos as they make the sicky feeling go away only while you have them in your mouth though :(
I am having baked beans chips and cheese tonight as that is what I feel like.
Also wanting to eat crisps and salad cream :eh: so guess eat what you feel like anything is better than nothing. Also felt thirsty but have gone off squash so the last few days have had to drink fizzy pop.

Thanks for starting this thread...I was having the same concerns as you...loss of appetite, queasy feeling etc, I was worried I was going to have a negative affect on the baby. Everyone's responses have been great and really reassuring, especially for a first timer like me! By the hour of this post you may have guessed im not feeling that clever just now, i read on here that soda water is good for sickness so i am clutching a small glass of that while typing and hoping it helps (it seems to be). Im worried about later tonight...we are off to friends for chinese and they dont know im pregnant so hope i can be suitably enthusiastic about it and keep it down. I was told by doc yesterday that I was a bit overweight so it was ok to loose some weight when pregnant as long as I tried to eat a good diet/variety of foods and just cut out the high calorie stuff so maybe my loss of appetite wont be harmful just yet as I have plenty stored up for LO if they need it!
xxx

Don't worry ladies , drink the fluids and nibble on things you want whatever it is - any food is food

Your body will prob loose weight, all normal these first weeks, plenty of time to gain that back naturally after tri1 with no effect on baby (you only actually need an extra 300 cals in last trimester only for baby) thats like a couple bits of toast

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back