Appetite and Eating

kittykitchn

Reaction score
I lost about a stone in the first 16 weeks, could only eat crumpets and mash potato.
I feel far less sick now, so am eating more, but still not much of an appetite (so much that still puts me off). I'm obviously happy to put on weight that is needed, but really want to be in control and be careful of what I do put on.

I'm very hungry in the morning, and eat double what I usually would do. Same with the evening (As well as pudding). Don't really eat throughout the day (will have some fruit or crisps if I'm hungry), but am drinking copious amounts of fruit juice as well (which is probably more calorific than all the food I eat!).

What is advised? Should I just eat when I'm hungry? My breakfast and dinner portions just seem to get bigger every day, but that's what it feels like I should be eating to not be hungry.

Last edited:
You should get in the habot of eating little and often it helps if prevent heartburn and keeps your energy levels up. I had the same plan but couldn't stick to it as I just never fancied anything I found sticking to bland foods helped.

I've only put on 5Lbs since I was 8 weeks but I was very sick (I'm now 24+5) I have breakfast, late lunch and sometimes just a sandwich or toast for tea but I don't seem to have an appetite at tea anymore. I tried doing little and often but it didnt work for me. My portions are a little bit bigger than normal but not that gives me cause for concern.xx

As long as you're eating healthy foods, I'd say have as much as you want. I sometimes have days where I'm incredibly hungry (to the point where I'm getting up in the middle of the night to have a snack), and then there are others where my appetite seems to go back to normal.

Overall, I haven't gained more weight than I should've up to this point, and baby seems to be growing fine, so perhaps it's just best to go with how we feel (unless it's chocolate cake every day).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back