Anyone's little ones resisting weaning?

Nicnax

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

We are in week 2 of weaning- I waited the full 6months, as Molly showed no interest in food at all! I have started her on purees, & offering a bit of finger food at the same time- so far, she has had pea, parsnip, sweet potato, carrot, For finger food, she has tried cucumber, & pasta tubes. She is literally not interested! SHe must be getting some down, as her poos have changed(!), but she whips her head away, as soon as you put the spoon anywhere near, & although she puts absolutely EVERYTHING in her mouth, tonights' pasta tubes just got played with & thrown away!

HV advised milk first (breastfeeding) then solids, but I can't see how she can be hungry?

How did you all start? We have literally been doing one meal a day, but I want to start increasing it, as she is now 6&1/2 months.

Not enjoying it so far- I don't want to force food into her mouth- I guess I naively thought she'd love it, as she's always been such a good feeder.

Any advice appreciated- I feel clueless again! :D

Hiya.

I got in a bit of a tizz to begin with as it seemed like I was feeding all the time!

My Hv then recommended food first and then a bottle which really helped coz before that she was just always topping up rather than actually hungry!

Jules is now just over 7 months, on 3 meals a day, bottle first thing and at bed time with a little bottle mid afternoon.

We're doing purées but I give her sone finger foods at each sitting to to get used to 'eating' food like that.

Jill x x

I think it's all trial and error,
I found the complete opposite! At first we just gave a couple of ounces of milk as I found he would be fussy with the food as he was hungry.
It's a gradual process as now he doesn't want a bottle before his dinner or breakfast (which he has after a morning nap.
I just did purées for the first month but now we find finger foods are working much better.
It definetly is worth trying both to see which way round suits you best!

6 months is a guide really, its not a magic number. There are some kids who are just later than others. Exactly the same as kids, sit, stand, walk and talk at different stages they aren't all ready to eat at the same time. Some are 7,8,9 months or older before they are remotely interested!

I'd just let her continue to 'play' with the finger foods - if you think her poos have changed then she must be eating something. Personally I wouldn't stress about it - there really is no rush.

Have you tried letting LO feed themselves with the spoon. My LO is only just shy of 5 months but already he is a lot more interested in what I've offered him if he can play about with it himself.

At this age food should be for fun :lol:

Milk will still be their main source of nutrition for many months to come.

Just go with it, don't be too disheartened if LO has days or even weeks they aren't interested but they will eventually get there.

I was told in early days not to offer food when baby is tired or hungry so we always did food after milk.

Now we do food after milk for breakfast but we do the other way round for lunch and dinner!

xxxxxxx

I think I figured it out- she loved pear puree, and also butternut squash, which were quite watery! I think I have made them too thick, so will water everything down from now on. The finger food is just funny- everything, and I mean EVERYTHING she encounters gets put in her mouth. Except the cucumber, carrots or pasta tubes I leave on her tray for her- these get studied, very carefully, then thrown on the floor, or dropped into her bib :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back