Anyone's baby being refered to a dietician?

jclaire78

Reaction score
Hi ladies, not posted for a while, hope your all ok. My baby now 17 weeks has reflux and we have tried 5 different milks all together but nothing seems to suit him so we are being refered to a dietician. Does anyone have any experience of this so I know what to expect? xx

Hi ladies, not posted for a while, hope your all ok. My baby now 17 weeks has reflux and we have tried 5 different milks all together but nothing seems to suit him so we are being refered to a dietician. Does anyone have any experience of this so I know what to expect? xx

You may find that given his age they suggest weaning early. My son is four months and has just been diagnosed with reflux. Even the HV has suggested early weaning

Gayle had awful problems with Daisy grace because of reflux and saw the dietician - maybe drop her a pm

Aaron saw a dietician due to "failure to thrive" so can't help with reflux

Tapatalking!

You may find that given his age they suggest weaning early. My son is four months and has just been diagnosed with reflux. Even the HV has suggested early weaning

We had to do this. We are awaiting an appt with the dietician regarding what will happen when he moves onto cows milk xxx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i wouldnt worry- I have been to a dietician myself when i was pregnant and i work with foster children that go to them- they just ask about his diet-what reactions he has etc and then they work out what you need to do to get his vital nutrients into him.

Imagine it will be weaning tbh

Gosh-where to start. Weaning early was a no go with my girl. I tried from 4 months to help with her bad reflux but she refused until 7.5mth to eat any solids. If you can get the baby to take then its worth a try. Believe me I tried everything. We also went through 7 milk changes and gaviscon, carobel, ranitadine,domperidone and finally omeprazole. Its the only thing she has now. 5mg daily.

Daisy Grace was diagnosed with a cows milk protein intolerance. Now either shes grown out of it or she was wrongly diagnosed I do not know-but now she tolerates all dairy and has been removed from nutramigen to aptamil.

We seen the dietician in hospital (been admitted 3 times due to reflux) and I found them to be really helpful. They are so knowledgable and can think of things we would never imagine trying. I wouldnt worry about seeing one. Also we were put in touch with a speech and language therapist who checked there was nothing physical causing the reflux. She was also a wonderful help. Maybe worth pushing for.

Theres a huge thread from april time when we were finally admitted with failure to feed. I cant see it on my phone but of you search it may come up. If you want to know anything though just pm me.

I feel your pain. Reflux is hellish. Xx

tapatalking

Jellytot is awaiting her appointment with the paediatric dietician too as she has a cows milk protein allergy and she also has reflux, good luck for the appointment Hun, it's awful watching babies suffer so much and not be able to help them :( x

Gosh-where to start. Weaning early was a no go with my girl. I tried from 4 months to help with her bad reflux but she refused until 7.5mth to eat any solids. If you can get the baby to take then its worth a try. Believe me I tried everything. We also went through 7 milk changes and gaviscon, carobel, ranitadine,domperidone and finally omeprazole. Its the only thing she has now. 5mg daily.

Daisy Grace was diagnosed with a cows milk protein intolerance. Now either shes grown out of it or she was wrongly diagnosed I do not know-but now she tolerates all dairy and has been removed from nutramigen to aptamil.

We seen the dietician in hospital (been admitted 3 times due to reflux) and I found them to be really helpful. They are so knowledgable and can think of things we would never imagine trying. I wouldnt worry about seeing one. Also we were put in touch with a speech and language therapist who checked there was nothing physical causing the reflux. She was also a wonderful help. Maybe worth pushing for.

Theres a huge thread from april time when we were finally admitted with failure to feed. I cant see it on my phone but of you search it may come up. If you want to know anything though just pm me.

I feel your pain. Reflux is hellish. Xx

tapatalking
He has been on omeprazole since 8 weeks old and is relatively pain free. His throat was bad at one point and he would only drink 6-8 oz per day. 3 weeks ago things got bad again so we tried nutramigen, he settled well but the vomit was worse than ever and he would still refuse the odd feed so we tried sma lactose free and I feel this is the only milk that he enjoys and has never refused a feed on it. Trouble is chemist cant get hold of any so been told to try wysoy. Have heard horror stories about this milk.
Feel like I am living in hell at the moment xx

My baby is on sma lactose free and we havent had a problem getting hold of it,where are you from?

Spencer is lactose intolerant with bad reflux so I'm waiting on an appointment at the hospital for weaning advice.

He gets 12 tubs of the sma lactose free milk from the pharmacy per month

Spencer David Wilcockson 28/2/2013 6lbs 3.5ozs

my daughter had bad reflux from 2 weeks to 16 months! she was uncomfortable with it when she was on normal formula, but when i switched her to lactose free - she was still puking but not uncomfortable with it - she still gained weight and thrived- i put her back on nomal formula at 9 months and she was fine still puking but gaining weight and happy :) it was just really really messy.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back