Anyone with breast feeding problems

Sarah13

Reaction score
I just went to our local support group and wish I'd gone sooner, they are such a great help and have lots of info and tips, I'd strongly advise anyone to pop along to theirs if you have one.

We have thrush just now and she was even helpful with tips to help clear it up quicker. I'm off to buy some breast shells today as well, to further stimulate my milk supply, didn't even know about these! She made me feel confident that Kynon is healthy and getting enough milk and I don't need to give him any food or formula yet which I was starting to worry about as he's always so hungry!

OMG they are amazing, I always rave on about them. I wouldn't have got through the first couple of days and weeks without them. They know their sh*t!

Awwww great :) I'm thinking of going to ours tomoro if I can get us out the house on time. Just to meet some other mums really.

Really glad they could help you. What are the shells?

They are little things you put over your other boob while your feeding and they stimulate your supply more and collect any leakage so you can collect it through the day and give it to baby in a bottle or cup! Wish I'd known about them when I first started as I leaked loads then!
Hope you can go princess as it's good to meet other mums with something in common too, you can swap tips!

(I know i'm not bfing any more but...)

I've just joined a parenting group (was set up by my friend and her friend) and I wish it had been around when I was bfing as 2 members a bfing peer supporters and another is in training to be a bf peer supporter and lastly one is the head of our LLL :) and to top it off 90% of the other mums are/did bf so plenty of help and support!

personally when I needed the help and support it wasn't there and that's why LO ended up ffing but my friend had her baby boy last friday and she's coming to the above mentioned group when we have a coffee meet in a few weeks, I'm determined she gets the help I didn't as she wants to bf as much as i did!!!

Last edited:
Sarah how did you know about the thrush? LO always has a White Tongue but OH said it's from the milk.

Sarah how did you know about the thrush? LO always has a White Tongue but OH said it's from the milk.

They can get milk stained tongue, if it doesn't scrape off it's probably thrush. I was the one with the symptoms though, my nipple felt like it was on fire when he fed and was generally sore and red whereas it wasn't before. Kynon has a few tiny white spots in his mouth but nothing much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back