Anyone who private rents through an estate agents......

happy-chick

Reaction score
We've seen a house that we're thinking of moving to, we've looked at it from the outside and through windows (its empty lol) and have fallen in love with it... we have a proper viewing on Thursday afternoon and hopefully if upstairs/kitchen is ok then we will put a deposit down...

Just wondering how long it normally takes from saying u want the house to getting the keys if all goes smoothly (which hopefully it will!). What do they check? I presume credit search, employers confirmation and will they want references too?

Oooo we're all excited now, gunna be hard work moving while heavily pregnant but will be great to be in a house and sorted by time she arrives :pray:

so you didnt get arrested then?? :lol: :wink:

nope lmao!!

Imagine that 'Pregnant woman gets arrested for peeping through window' :lol:

Do you have to give notice on your current place? Bear that into consideration if you do. Also they will need to do credit check type things, so I'd say give it a couple of weeks for them to do that once you have handed the form in and all your ID.

So, if you have nowhere to move from then probably a couple of weeks, if you do have somewhere to move from then probably 6 weeks assuming you give a months notice..

Hope that sort of helps?

m

When I moved into my house there were no credit references, all they asked was for my tax returns (I'm self emplyed)

Even if they do credit searches, they can be complete within 48 hours. You should have keys within a week really.

If you do have to give notice where you are living now, bear in mind that you don't have to stay there for the full month and could move into your new place sooner

Good luck!!! :cheer:

Nah its a council property so u basically can just hand the keys back in so theres no problem there.... so u reckon a couple of weeks to get the keys? Fingers crossed we could be moving at xmas then cos if it takes longer than that then baby could be here and would be a nightmare!! :pray:

If you got your skates on you could be in by christmas. I don't think many people are moving at this time of year.

i was in within a week but i paid 6 months up front so only had half searches done or summet. i think they said about 2 weeks with full searches

i viewed my flat on a monday and they wanted me in by the weekend lol
i think its a soon as ur references etc go thro

Fingers crossed we're in by crimbo then :D will let u know what happens on thurs!

OH was in within a week. Council properties you still have to give notice on hun, check your tenancy agreement.

Yeah its a months we have to give with council ive called them this morning but to be honest we're gunna have to have a crossover and it cost us more as im due in 5 weeks time so need to get moving!!

Ive also spoken to the estate agents this morning and they have said it can be as quick as 3 working days and that they will try to move quickly for us if we go ahead :D they will also ring me if anyone else arranges to view before us!! :)

Fingers crossed x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back