Anyone used Colocynth granules? Treatment for Colic

Lucy

Reaction score
Hi

A paediatric nurse recommended that I get colocynth granules to use to help Olivia's trapped wind, she says they work better than gripe water.

Has anyone used them?

I tried them tonight and Olivia has been doing a lot of farts and some wee burps but was still crying with her wind earlier. She wont take the gripe water (and I hated the way it made her cough) so hopefully these will help her.

Lucy

editied to say that we've been using the granules since yesterday morning and I do think they work to relieve the wind - it certainly is coming out both ends a lot more easily... fingers crossed this helps wee Olivia and stops the screaming! If anyone is interested in the granules I bought them from boots and I think they are a homeopathic remedy

Hiya hun im sure they were the ones i got from the gp with adele they are tiny white things (if its the same ones) almost like little granules of sugar and you put ten on a tea spoon and just slip them onto her tounge and they just melt. They are great well they worked wonders for Adele, i only had to use them for 1 week and her colic went and she never got it again. Hope this helps hun

jean
xxxx

thank heavens, I put colocynth in the search bit and up came this post.
I got some in Boots today but it wasnt till I got home I realised there were no instructions.

The woman did say in boots but its nice to have written instructions. :roll:

How frequently did you give them? I will pm you both just in case. I am desperate.

I sure hope they help.

How are you both finding the granuals now?
Iknow its been a wee while but just wondering if the colic has settled or maybe even gone for good :cheer: :cheer:

take care and speak to yous soon
xxxxxxxxx

Hi Jean

I only used them for a few days when Olivia was a few weeks old and haven't needed to use them since.

I think Laura said she's still using them in another post but hopefully they are helping wee Joe.

Hope you're doing ok too

Lucy x

hi lucy were doing ok hopefully be getting offerd a house in the next couple of days :pray: ive sent you a pm, hope you andO are keeping well, will have to catch up soon

take care
xxxxxx

Hiya,
Im still using them. If I stop then he gets upset again. Im trying to cut back so its every couple of feeds.

I tried to get these today at Boots, Holand & Barrett, Superdrug and another health food shop - NO JOY!! Is there anywhere else I can get them, or better still somewhere online????

when i was looking for them the only place i could get them was from the GP ive never seen them in any shops but this was going back 4 years ago. Never needed them for Colby but she has had infacol once :D

You are supposed to put about 10 granules on the end of a spoon but I usually just lick the end of my pinkie, dip it in so there is a wee drop on the end and put it on his tongue.

Like Laura says you can put the granules neat in their mouth or else you can melt them in some cooled boiled water and either spoon feed it or I found it easier to get a syringe (my HV gave me some sealed sterile ones) and squirt it in her mouth.

When I got them from Boots I had to go to the pharmacy bit and ask for them, they weren't kept out on the shelves.

HTH

Lucy

Lucy said:
I found it easier to get a syringe (my HV gave me some sealed sterile ones) and squirt it in her mouth.

When I got them from Boots I had to go to the pharmacy bit and ask for them, they weren't kept out on the shelves.

HTH

Lucy

These syringes are good to get in any case :D , sometimes giving calpol can be tricky and I just use these. I got mine from the pharmacy, had to pay for it though but its worth it. Over the 2 years Ive used it for calpol, various sore throats. She thinks its funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back