Anyone use a Doppler?

Meganlaker

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm currently 8 weeks pregnant and sooo excited. I know it is early but I tried to use the Doppler to find the heart beat. All I found was mine at about 65bpm and a whooshing sound.
I'm not concerned as I know it is early and I've had a scan and seen the hb already.

My non pregnant sister tried it out so we could see how it worked on her. She found her own heartbeat which was 55bpm, then she found something around 130bpm. You couldn't hear this noise just see the number, she also had the windy noise the placenta makes. She has endometriosis and has been told it is highly unlikely she will be pregnant.
So what else could this 130bpm be? Could it be her heartbeat doubled or something?

No idea with regards to your sister but I didn't find the heartbeat until around 13 weeks. Xx

If you couldn't hear the noise then it's likely it was just interference on the Doppler x

Interference on the Doppler. My Doppler says random numbers all the time!

This is why droppers should just be used by the professionals. They know what they are listening for. If later on you try to listen in and can't find anything what will you do? A) worry B) contact your mw who won't be amused that you tried to listen in. Say for example you have reduced movements and you listen in and find the baby's heart beat you will feel reassured it's there and might not seek advice. Just because the heartbeat is there doesn't always mean all is well. I use the analogy if you saw a collapsed child in the street and it had a pulse you would still seek help and call an ambulance. As you can see I am anti dropper and I think these companies that sell them are just cashing in on pregnant women.

You can simply tap the doppler and make it give a reading. It could have been anything.

They should still be available for people who use them appropriately, though.

Not sure about the doppler hun but just wanted to say i have a friend with endometriosis and she was told the same that she couldnt have children - she now has a beautiful baby boy :) anything's possible :) xx

Tbh I agree with glowing - never wanted to get one for the same reasons. Each to their own though - so long as nobody's trying to do any serious diagnoses!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back