anyone trying after coming off the pill?

Discussion in 'Forum Friends' started by arcanegirl, Oct 28, 2005.

1. arcanegirl

arcanegirl Well-Known Member

anyone trying after coming off the pill?
    ive just been off mine a bit over a week, got AF just now, hopefully soon she'll be gone.
    it would be good to have a buddy in the same situation :)

2. Bagpuss17

Bagpuss17 Well-Known Member

Hi,

I've been off the pill for over a year now and I believed that you should wait to get it out of your system before trying to conceive. But after reading Taking Charge of your Fertility it seems that there's a high chance of conceiving in the couple of months after coming off the pill.

So make sure you go for it on your next cycle, fingers crossed that you conceive quickly in the wake of coming off the pill.

Sorry your AF has come, it's a horrible feeling.

3. arcanegirl

Thanks for the info,
    a year is a long time to be off the pill, hope you get your BPF soon

4. Nicolemarie

Nicolemarie Member

Hi i came of pill after my last Af so been nearly 3wks of it now. so im in same boat as you. hope u get what a BFP soon :) Nicole x

5. Skidoo

Skidoo Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say I was shocked at how fast I got pregnant after coming off the pill!! We were very careful not to get me pregnant until I'd had two periods and then weren't really trying - no special times or pillows under the hips or anything - just having a lot of fun and bingo. I got pregnant within a month or two and didn't even have time to start properly charting and fretting!

I know it's not the same for everyone - I really feel for you Bagpuss - but it can happen really fast.

Good luck to you all!!

6. Bagpuss17

Bagpuss17 Well-Known Member

Apparantely there's a good chance you'll get pregnant straight after coming off the pill, which I only discovered the last couple of months! Rubbish.

I came off the pill Sept 04 but we didn't start trying until 4 months afterwards believing you should let the pill get out of your system, it seems that's not the case.

I wish I knew that then but there you go.

7. arcanegirl

ive heard the same with the pill, that you can get pg easily the first month or so.
    it would be nice if it happend that quickly with me but im not getting my hopes up. if it takes a few months longer then no probs, just means longer to get a bit more money together.

8. Nicolemarie

Nicolemarie Member

hi iwas just wondering if any of you had these symptons with coming of the pill: really sore nipples, hungry all the time, need the toilet quite often, bloated and feel like u cant b bothered to do anything ive been feeling like this for a week now its well annoying. it wud b nice 2 hear of other symptons wiv coming of the pill? thanx nicole :) x

9. Skidoo

Skidoo Well-Known Member

Er, you couldn't be.... No?

Just that I remember the sore nipples bit and I was starving for the first few weeks after I knew I was pregnant. Up until I did the test I'd been feeling dreadful and thinking my period was about to start (for about 3 weeks, dur) - could it be? I don't want to get your hopes up, but might it be worth a test?

10. Nicolemarie

Nicolemarie Member

hi its tempting to do a test but i might wait another week & see if my symptons are still there, dont want to get my hopes up to high just in case its just my body playing games with me :(. are u ttc? nicole x

11. Nicolemarie

Nicolemarie Member

well i think Af has arrived got really sore tummy but very very sore nipples which i never get before Af, just before got very pink colour blood but only abit so its bound to be Af on its way. :(

12. Tara & Liam

Tara & Liam Well-Known Member

Hi

I was told by my dr that when you come off the pill that you should have a proper bleed before TTC. but i had my 2nd and now this one falling pregnant straight after coming off the pill. I had my AF after stopping the pill and then fell pregnant both times the following week.

Mind you i am under a different dr now and she told me that it doesnt matter, they only like you to have a proper period so that they can work out a EDD.

x

13. babyjay1

babyjay1 Well-Known Member

Not sure if you've read my other post but i came off the pill in July, had a period straight after and haven't had one since! I've had blood tests and ultrasound, all came back normal. My partner had a specimen sample taken, which also came back normal. I got told i can still conceive even though i'm having no periods, has anyone else heard this?

14. surfgirl

surfgirl Active Member

Hi,
    I came off the pill 4 mths ago and thought my cycles were back to normal last month. I had my 1st 28 day cycle. Now this mth I have been 33 days and have had period like symptoms for nearly 2 wks now! I am wondering if this could be it? I feel as though my period is coming though it never does. Maybe my body is still messed up?

15. Jayceesmumma

Jayceesmumma Well-Known Member

Test it honey! Its the only way to tell. Best thig to do is get 100 tests off ebay for £18 and then test whenever you feel you need to!
    I came off the pill and 3 months later i was pregnant, this time i came off pil, had my AF and my AF is 9days late, so i dont know if its just post pill or what but my tests are BFNs. The ebay ones wor coz i lent one to a friend when she was late and shes now 5 months...

16. Bec

Bec Well-Known Member

Hey all,

I came off the pill in Feb and had a 33 day cycle, then a 25, then a 28 , then a 30 ..... so it's sorta regular. Yes you can get pg straight after coming off the pill ...... but it didn't work for me :( We've been TTC ever since and nothing ..... It's been 4-5 months but feels like forever!!

Keep at it girls!! Baby dust to all!

17. fothers

fothers Well-Known Member

Hi- I am new here!

I am going to finish my pill packet this month and then start TTC- it will coincide with our holidays.

Having read the posts here I don't think I will leave it til I have had some normal cycles but start TTC right away in case there is a fertility peak after stopping!

I have been on it for about 13 years so have no recollection of my cycle/AF before it!

Fingers crossed :D

18. Jayceesmumma

Hey! Welcome!
    We wish you all the luck in concieving!! Be aware your periods may be VERY irregular after the pill which may lead you to think you are PG (Im 17 days late for my AF but not PG!), or you could be one of the lucky ones which have normal AF!
    If you chart your cycle it will help you figure out when you will be ovulating and when your AF is due (no-one likes that surprise!) try www.fertilityfriend.com its very helpful and you can also get a TTC ticker for your posts!
    Good luck and we hope you get yur BFP soon!!
    (If you dont understand the abbreviations look in the main posts to start up and there will be a list!-i still refer to it sometimes!)

BABY DUST TO YOU!!!!

19. fothers

fothers Well-Known Member

Thanks-

I think when we come back our hols in the middle of August I will start charts and things- will need top read up on all that stuff!

I am so excited at the thought of TTC- I can understand how nerve wracking it must be for you all!

20. Jayceesmumma

It is quite stressful! If you just relax and have fun then it will happen quicker and you wont loose your mind! :wall:

Stress causes you to be late for your AF which is misleading when your TTC!!

Theres a topic on here all about charting etc and the fertility friend site has alot of info too!

Hope u have a great holiday honey!! xxx