Anyone taking co cocodmol?

fluffycat

Reaction score
Hi there,

Is anyone taking co codomol in their pregnancy? I have just been preescribed some for back pain and just wondering how safe it is.

Obviously must be safe as Dr wouldn't prescribe it otherwise but just wanting other opinions.
Thanks xx

I took it all the way through my last pregnancy. It is safe to take, however, if taking a high dose regularly you will need to be weaned off before the birth. I was on the highest dose and completely dependant on it. My consultant started to wean me off around 35 weeks so baby wasn't born with withdrawals. I was induced at 38 weeks and he was absolutely fine x

Hiya

I was prescribed Co-codamol 30/500 for my migraines as paracetamol wasn't denting the pain.

As Co-codamol is an opiate it isn't recommended that you take longer than 3 days straight as it can end up addictive. I really mainly take it as and when. Another reason for that is because codiene is known to block the toilet canals if you know what I mean :p (constipation).

My GP didn't want to prescribe anything stronger than this, she was fairly confident co-codamol was safe, and there are quite a few ladies that I know pregnant taking this.

xxxx

Last edited:
I have but was told to use as and when i needed not all the time x

Thanks ladies....what does the numbers mean? I have been given 8/500 xx

I was told to take codeine for spd and headaches as I'm allergic to paracetamol, but tbh I can't stand codeine, so have gone without! Not long to go for me now though :)

Thanks girls. Have just took my first batch lol. Was delaying it to see if I coul manage without but no joy. Let's hope it helps!! Xx

Yea, I had 30/500 I needed the strong stuff x

My doctor prescribed it for me for my neuropathy. I was dubious too but trust her & also did some research myself. I wouldn't worry. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back