Anyone self-employed and employed at the same time?

flexilexi394

Reaction score
I am both self-employed and I am in part time employment 2 days a week teaching at a college.

The whole maternity thing is confusing me and I don't know how to apply for maternity pay? Assuming I get my MatB1 from midwife at 24 weeks and give it to my employer, what do I do about the self employed bit if anything?

Any experience or advice greatly appreciated!!

Also worrying about my books whilst on maternity too... I'm clueless and I do self assessment tax return each year xx

I am, although I have just handed my notice in at work so will now concentrate on building up my business.

I worked 29 hrs a week and got my maternity pay through work. I never applied for it through my business.

Thank you Lollie, I will speak to the finance dept. At work and find out if I just need to apply for it through them xx

How much do you earn from your employed job? If it's less than 112 a week then you won't be entitled to pay from your employer and you will have to claim maternity allowance xx

I earn more than that a week from my employed job it's alright money so I wonder if I will get it from employer xx

Yeah you should get it from your employer if you earn more than the 112 a week and aslong as you've worked for them for 26 weeks before the 25th week of pregnancy xx

Yeah I've been there a year and a half already so I hope fingers crossed it just goes through smoothly! Xx

I also work part time in the mornings and am self employed full time in my bridal business the rest of the time. no idea how maternity works out, we're currently trying to decipher how shared parental leave works as well, all so confusing!

Okay I had my maternity leave meeting with my part time employed job and I qualify for full statutory maternity pay which is awesome... So if you speak to your employer first about it, see whether you'll be better off just claiming it through one job as you can't claim it twice. So that makes my life tonnes easier as I don't have to even worried about my self employed money xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back