Anyone recommend a good baby gym?

Colourmeblue

Reaction score
Now that lo is 6 weeks and a lot more interested in the world, i want to get her a decent baby gym activity mat. Any good ideas that are tested and liked? x

We bought this one http://www.mothercare.com/Baby-Einstein-Baby-Neptune-Ocean-Playgym/477915,default,pd.html

It was half price though!!!

I wouldn't pay full price for it.

It lasted about 6 months but towards the end the material on the pieces of plastic that arch over the gym has started to tear so the plastic began to show.

James had kicked the life out of it though.

We kept the mat part, the light / sound box and all the attachments but threw the plastic bits out...

xxxxxx

We got a cheap one from Tescos:

http://m.tesco.com/mt/www.tesco.com...ay-gym/429-3544.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=429-3544

Best thing we ever got! She loved staring at it from 4 weeks. She's now 5.5months and enjoys demolishing it and capturing the poor animals and sucking them! It's still going strong though.

It's one of those things we bought thinking she probably wouldn't like it and its been her favourite thing so far, closely followed by her jumperoo!
Xxx

We have this one......

http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Pro...3|cat_33006629|Playmats+and+gyms|33010293.htm

And cant fault it! It is a bit more expensive but worth it. The toys are nice and low so lo can reach them and bash them quite early on. My lo loved hearing the music when she kicked the piano and now shes sitting up the piano can be turned so its like a wee table and she will sit quite happily for ages bashing at the keys and watching the flashing lights. The attached toys are also really good...infact my lo has taken such a shine to the elephant that iv clippedit onto her carseat and she will play with it in the car xx
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

We have the same as Claire and my lo loves it too! Really recommend it!

We got the Mamas and Papas Magik one. Was shit!!

Only 3 things hanging down and she couldn't reach them until about 4 months. Waste of £90!!

Thanks ladies - a good few suggestions there. will make up my mind and pick one up today. ..maybe not the mamas N pappas one then Lynds lol x

We've got the fisher price rainforest one and she loves it. It comes with high recommendations from loads if friends too.

Sent from my new shiny iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same one as Claire and its great Harry loves kicking the piano at the bottom I get it from kiddiecare x

We've got the fisher price rainforest one and she loves it. It comes with high recommendations from loads if friends too.

Sent from my new shiny iPhone using Tapatalk

Twins have this too, and they love it! Best buy so far for me ;)

We bought this one http://www.mothercare.com/Baby-Einstein-Baby-Neptune-Ocean-Playgym/477915,default,pd.html

It was half price though!!!

I wouldn't pay full price for it.

It lasted about 6 months but towards the end the material on the pieces of plastic that arch over the gym has started to tear so the plastic began to show.

James had kicked the life out of it though.

We kept the mat part, the light / sound box and all the attachments but threw the plastic bits out...

xxxxxx

We have this one for Harry. We won it for £20 on Ebay. We'd never have paid full price either. Harry loves it! x

We have this one......

http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Pro...3|cat_33006629|Playmats+and+gyms|33010293.htm

And cant fault it! It is a bit more expensive but worth it. The toys are nice and low so lo can reach them and bash them quite early on. My lo loved hearing the music when she kicked the piano and now shes sitting up the piano can be turned so its like a wee table and she will sit quite happily for ages bashing at the keys and watching the flashing lights. The attached toys are also really good...infact my lo has taken such a shine to the elephant that iv clippedit onto her carseat and she will play with it in the car xx
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

We also had this - you can get it on Amazon a lot cheaper than that! It's brilliant, and the music doesn't get too annoying when you've heard it 50,000 million times that day!xx

I must have the only baby that wasn't interested in his gym. He prefered his big textured mat on the floor with toys :shock: he barely used his playgym, only in the early weeks so I wouldn't buy a expensive one.

He's 6m now and still uses his big textured mat although now that he's moving he's never on that either lol xxxxx

Oh so confusing lol. Think im just gonna go kiddicare, shut my eyes, turn around and point to one, and that'll be the one that i buy! lol x

My baby doesn't like the play gym either, he prefers his play mat (a Mamas and Papas one, with a waterproof back so fab to take outside) with lots of toys around him instead. I have given the baby gym away already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back