anyone reassure me on this?????

shamu

Reaction score
having to go back the hosp today - got high bp and +2 proteins in my water, they are going to do a membrane sweep - which, im kinda guessing wont be much fun, - but has anyone had this done that can put my mind at ease that it wont be soooo bad?

i'm hoping it may kick start things, as they have basically told me i will be induced anyway, on or before my "due date" which is next friday - hoping to avoid this really as have heard induction can lead to the need for more intervention during labour, like ventouse, forceps or cesearean etc ( which im very keen to avoid!!! )

back at the hosp at 11 this morning, - will let you know how it goes - unless this sweep thing throws me in to full blown labour straight away ( hmmm, dunno if thats wishful thinking or not!!)

take care ladies

shamu

Shamu,

I cant help you with the membrane sweep because i didnt have one! As for induction, i was induced 3 weeks early with my daughter and the labour was fine lasted about 13 hours and there was no ventouse forceps or cesearean!

Hope this puts you mind at rest

Kelly

I had the sweep and it isn't painful just uncomfortable, i didn't mind it too much. i had to get some bread after and was really worried that my waters would break and gush everywhere, which they did eight days later when the midwife popped them during labour !!!! :D :eek: If you do the deed afterwards it is meant to be more effective, again not for me but to be honest i don't think anything was shifting my baby till she was ready 9a bit headstrong my daughter)

Will have my fingers crossed for you, hope it works xxx

oh crikey!!! might not let boyf see your suggestion there beanie!! :lol: i think one lot of prodding and poking "there" is enuf!

shamu

Hiya,

Sorry for butting in here but i've read a few times about sweeps and wondering exactly what they are and why they are done, I can kinda guess but i'm not really sure. Shamu, hope it goes well for you.
Thanks.

Nicki.x

I had something done where a mw stuck her fingers up me and done something(dunno what it was but it hurt!). I'm guessing that could be the sweep!?? I had protein in my water too.

After the mw did that i was told to go home and come back in a few hours cos they were going to start me off!!! I s**t myself cos wasn't expecting them to say that!!! :shock:

A membrane sweep is when the rub the fingers around the neck of the womb to try and remove the "plug" (this is what comes away when you have a show) it is aimed to bring on labour although it doesnt always work! This is what my mw told me anyway and my friend had one done too!

Kelly

Yeah thats what I had done, its not pleasant and apparently they dont always work I was already 2cm dilated when she did mine although I hadnt had any pain! Anyway because I had protein in mine urine they decided to bring me in the next day and broke my waters. Normally they give it a couple of days to work if nothing then you get induced.

well, was all geared up to have this sweep done and hopefully go in to labour tonite :lol: - but that didnt go to plan!

just stepped out of the house to go the hosp, slipped on the sodding flippin stoopid ice and landed a-la starfish right on my bump! :shock:

didnt half get a shock! - went straight to the hosp and they checked me and baby out, we're both ok, baby was not squashed - phew! they have taken blood tests - to check i havent damaged the placenta by landing on my bump - but as baby was active and heart rate was ok, this is just a precaution, but they couldnt do the sweep till they get the all clear from this test, so have to go back monday now

was dead scared when it happened - o/h nearly burst in to tears when he saw me sprawled on the pavement! but felt baby move while we were on route to the hosp, so that reassured me a little

am now achey and sore and me knee is black and blue too :cry:

just have to concentrate on building up my courage again for monday now - :roll:

shamu

Bloody hell hun, glad you are both ok, be careful on that ice :D

Will be thinkin about you on monday x

awww poor you

glad every things ok after your fall.

As for the inductions I wouldn't worry too much if I was you, I was induced early with both my other pregnancies and didn't have any trouble no forceps or ceasareans, infact my labours were pretty quick once they got going.

I'm proberly going to be induced this time, infact I'm hoping too I would rather be at the hospital already then have to hurry there once it's already started.

xSuzx

glad you and baby are ok hun take it easy xxxx

am feeling ok now - but its flippin well snowed again today and boyf is threatening to tie me to the couch so i cant go out!! :lol:

awww, was gona go to mothercare with me mate to buy me bumbo and my other last baby bits today too! :roll:

hmmmm, cunning plan needed.... - i know, could let him have the pc back for a change!! heheheheh

shamu

righty then - just to keep ya updated! - been the hospital today - been swept- well, mw tried to but couldnt reach my cervix :shock: - where the bloomin eck is it then??? hehehehehe

they have booked me in for induction tomorrow night now cos i have the onset of pre-eclampsia ( obviously not too concerned tho, or they wuda kept me in there an then right??)
:shock: :shock: :shock: ohmigod!!! am hoping it all goes straight forward, my biggest dread is a c section!

am nervous, scared and excited all at the same time!!

well, wish me luck, will try an geton here before i go tomorrow, if not, speak to you all when im a mum!!! ( oh my god! that sound sooooo grown up and responsible!!)

take care ladies!

shamu

Good luck shamu hope everything goes well and we look forward to hearing all about it!!!

Kelly

sorry ive only just seen this post, youve been through it over the last few days havent you!

Good luck for the induction tonight, hope all goes well for you.

(im not jealous at all honestly :) )

GOOD LUCK,

I knew you would beat me to it, hope all is well!

Jadie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back