Anyone on the "larger" side

flexilexi394

Reaction score
Oh my goodness I am so struggling with being fat and pregnant!

I am 5 STONE heavier now than I was 5 years ago when I had my daughter, and I have REALLY noticed a difference in pregnancies, this one being much harder physically on my body. I do actually wonder sometimes how I get up and go to work feeling like this.

I can barely get out the bath, I can't stand on one leg to get dressed, I can't do my daughter's shoes up anymore she has to sit on the bed with me, I sweat all day long, and I have really achy feet!

And, THIS IS ALL MY FAULT! I really should have lost weight before getting pregnant, I am mortified that I am under a consultant because of my weight, I just generally feel dreadful about the whole thing! Only good thing is I have only gained a stone and a half so far, better than the 4 stone I managed to pile on in my last pregnancy!

Please tell me I am not the only one that feels dreadful for being so fat?

I have already found the slimming world group I will be joining after I have had the baby, I need to sort it out and not be a fat mum, it is such hard work being this size!

Weirdly I am now a dress size smaller than I was at my wedding eight months ago but even then, with health issues the last two-three years I'd gone up to my biggest weight, but was still wearing smaller clothes than the last time I'd been bigger....
In 2003 I was 15st and wearing size 20-22s.... Now I'm 16st and wearing size 18-16s :eek: - In between I'd actually gone down to a 12-14... at about 11st.

So far pregnancy has actually slimmed me down, hoping to carry on with it after birth!!

Lxx

Last edited:
Hey Lexi. I too was heavier than I wanted to be before getting pregnant. I managed to loose 8st a few years ago. Put on 2 over the last few years (since being with the OH!) so I wanted to re lose that 2st but it just didn't happen. Things are hard for me too I feel exactly the same. Get out of breathe easy. Constantly sweating but don't forget many of these things are due to pregnancy especially the out of breathness.

I have been following slimming world whilst pregnant as was on it before I got pregnant and it really is such a good plan. I can't wait to be on maternity and able to go every week and see the weight fall off.

You're weight gain so far is pretty damn amazing girl that's next to nothing considering you're very near the end. I've gain 1st 12lbs so far.

I wouldn't worry though chick. Just remember you've grown a human life and you can always rid the weight when you're settled with your new born. Xxx

Thanks both of you, it is so depressing lol, but I am trying to remember that it isn't forever and I can get back on the diet thing once I have had the baby!

I did slimming world a few years ago, lost 3 stone and just got cocky so stopped going because I thought I was amazing after losing 3 stone and I should have gone back and remained a target member! Because it all went on again when I went off plan!

Lander I hope you can stay slimming too that is incredible! xx

Just enjoy your last few weeks of being pregnant chick. Don't worry about the weight you've lost it before and can do it again. Don't let it get you down :) xxx

This is my first pregnancy, so I've no clue what it's like to be not fat and pregnant...but being fat and pregnant definitely sucks!! I was 14st pre-preg at 5'7 (so just into the obese category) and now at 36 weeks am up to 17st, ahhhhh...All the extra weight on my body is hellish, I can't stand for too long without feeling like my feet are going to fall off, I can't balance on one leg, getting up from a sitting/laying down position is a real struggle!! Breaking out a sweat constantly lol!

But it'll all be over soon and we can enjoy our little babies and lose all the extra pounds! I am determined!! and I'm sure the little ones will make us forget all our fat woes haha

Yeah I was about 15 st when I found out I was pregnant, and now I am 16 st 7 and I have NEVER been this heavy in my life! It's a killer!

I am so bloody done with being fat, this has given me an insight to how I do NOT want to live, I am struggling massively.

My osteopath said to me that I have such a small frame and all this extra weight is really not good and I know that, and it has given me another kick up the ass to actually do something about it. I wish the doctor was harsher with me because if they were more harsh on overweight people then I think it would really wake people up, and make us do something about it!

I know when baby is born chances are I will drop weight quickly , I did with my daughter, and I breastfed which massively helped me lose weight, as long as I eat right I will probably do a couple of stone. I just want to keep up the good work and lose a good 5 stone at least xx

It was my doctor who made me realise I had to lose weight all those years ago. I remember it well. I was just under 20st, 5'2 and he said to me if you don't lose weight you'll die early .... Never looked back. I thought all docs were that harsh?! They all seem to constantly be on at people for losing weight. Xx

Last edited:
I'm 5'4 and 11 stone and my doctors treat me like I'm the most overweight person they've ever seen. I refuse to be weighed anymore because they have made me feel like such crap since I got pregnant keep telling me I'm obese. I'll lose it when the baby is here but I'm not worrying about it now

It was my doctor who made me realise I had to lose weight all those years ago. I remember it well. I was just under 20st, 5'2 and he said to me if you don't lose weight you'll die early .... Never looked back. I thought all docs were that harsh?! They all seem to constantly be on at people for losing weight. Xx

Nope mine haven't been harsh with me at all! I actually want them to be!

Aes I know it shouldn't even be bothering me but I can't help it, I just feel so heavy and horrid and I look at myself in the mirror and wonder how the hell I have a fiance - he must be so grossed out by the state of me! xx

Oh yeah I feel gross but there's plenty of time for sorting it out after.

How tall are you Lexi? I'm 5'8 so I usually carry it off....

I am 5ft 5 - and do not carry it off well at all, my best friend is 5ft 8 and she carries it off really well! If only I grew an extra 3 inches eh! I look really quite chunky, and I really feel very chunky! xx

That's our problem. We're not over weight were not the correct height!! :rofl:

I had to lose weight before falling pregnant, as I was referred to the fertility clinic and got told politely to come back when I had lost weight. After a night of a lot of booze and food, and waking up hungover as hell the next day, I decided to join slimming world again, I lost 3 stone with them, but still wasn't close enough to what weight the clinic wanted me to be when I found out I was pregnant. I am still classed as obese even after losing the 3 stone and it's fair to say that everyday I think that tasks would be easier if I wasn't so fat at the beginning! I haven't officially been weighed since my booking in appointment, which given I am under the consultant for my weight you would think they would want to keep an eye on it, I have weighed myself at home, and unofficially have put on half a stone, which I don't think was right after all the biscuits I have been eating! Me and the oh are already planning what foods we will both eat after bean has arrived as we both need to lose weight, but we will basically follow slimming world as I still have my pack!

I am fed up of feeling out of breath, not being able to bend over, not being able to reach my feet! I know exactly how we are all feeling x

Summergurl :rofl: you know that!!

Well ladies, this evening I am waddling, I am sat on the sofa with an ice pack on my head and an ice pack under each foot because I am a fat whale of heat!! Roll on 5 weeks - and dear god may I not go overdue! I don't think I could cope with it over 5 weeks lol I am dying! xx

I could have written your post myself :-( lost a load of weight before my wedding in may 2012 and was feeling the best I've ever felt about myself. Then started ttc after honeymoon and with each negative month, I ate more and more to try and make myself feel better. By the time I got pregnant, I had put on over two stone and was heavier than id ever been. Swore to myself that once I'd had baby #1 that I'd lose the weight. Have yoyo-ed a bit since then but started this pregnancy slightly heavier than I had started the previous one, and have already gained a stone despite trying to be good. Being tested for GD tomorrow due to size of baby and having a family history of diabetes and terrified that my gluttony is going to have caused me to get it. I will literally hate myself if I've developed it.
I find losing weight so hard - I've got very little motivation when it comes to cooking nice healthy meals and so often just go for the quick and easy unhealthy option. Have GOT to get my act together after this baby is born though as won't be having another baby after this and don't want to spend my life feeling sick when I look at myself in the mirror!

We should have a motivational weight loss group on here once the babies are out!
Xxx

Last edited:
Naomi I totally relate girl - Yes lets do that once the babies are born, we can have a thread for post baby weight being lost morale!

I would have hated myself so much if I developed GD Luckily I don't have it but I was very anxious about those test results to be honest. I have an extra scan at 36 weeks as a growth scan because fat peoples babies apparently get big, so I guess we will see.

BLEURGHHHH!!!! xx

Bleurgh indeed, it's so depressing isn't it. I'm at that point where I hate photos of myself so I know I've got to change... need something I can stick to though as have done too many fad diets in the past that have just led to me putting all the weight back on and more when I stopped.

Haven't tried slimming world before... it always sounded like hard work food prep wise but lots of people rate it so I should probably give it a go

Wish me luck tomorrow! Friday is going to be a properly stressful day waiting for the results! Xxx

Good luck for today Naomi!

Slimming world is actually really easy to stick to believe it or not and the food prep isn't that difficult. Yes some of the dishes are a little too fiddly for me ( I am a very basic cook lol ) but all in all I stuck to it no problem and you can still eat chocolate etc lol! I just ate lots of yoghurts and fruit for snacks on slimming world and the first week I did it I lost 5lbs! It was madness and I carried on dropping weight like that for a few months and I shifted 3 stone. It was such an achievement and I am determined to do it again!

I won't let anyone take pictures of me, and I hate pictures even of my head because my face is so fat! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back