Anyone on HRT and TTC?

Lucyboo

Reaction score
I popped in here as this side sees more people that the secondary page, anyway finally got my referral through to the Chelsea and Westminster hospital, I think they might offer me HRT to try and regulate me,had no AF all of this year. I just wondered has anyone over this side had success conceiving on it? I know I'm so lucky to have my little miracle already who I was told would unlikely ever happen. I just want to see if we do get lucky. I cannot get obsessed this time round like we did with our first. I'm back changing my eating habits again and been having acupuncture again probably for about 6 months now, I have also started drinking cider vinegar as been told it has many health benefits. It took me a long time to accept I may need HRT, especially at my age but I just want a period now, then the hope things might kick in.

Hi

I probably would have snapped their arms off had they offered me HRT when my cycles were all over the place! It was what I was after but the GP wouldn't do it so I ended up with IUI then IVF, metformin supplements.

However, I did have HRT for my frozen transfer and am having it for this one as well. It seemed to work well for me as it's the only time I've ever had a positive pregnancy test, even though it didn't last long.

Aren't there any other options they can look at? X

Im not sure yet. Hoping i can get this appointment in asap. They are saying the nhs wont help me to actually get pregnant but will help me with my irregular cycles. Its a joke really. I felt i wasnt ready to go on hrt a couple of years back but now im ready to try anything. Glad to hear hrt got you the bfp, sorry it didnt last though. X

Is it because you've got a child presumably?

I think if you agree to get them to help sort out your cycles then it could help. Would they give you clomid? (Or have you already tried that?)

Have you tried anything naturally eg soy isoflavones?

Its because of my high fsh levels. They are above what the nhs guidelines are for help. Even clomid is a no apparently as my gp enquired for me. Never tried soy? Ive never really looked into the benefits. Maybe i should gave a look x

They won't help you either because you have a child. Same happened to me, they were willing to do some tests such as HSG and SA for OH but nothing to actually help us get pregnant. I hope the HRT works Lucyboo xx

Soy isoflavones are meant to work like clomid and some ladies do take it to bring on ovulation. I'd also take maca as it seems to help balance everything out. Xx

I wasn't really expecting to get much help from them as they wouldn't help me before I had my first. I went back to docs on weds as booked my referral and they won't see me until March. They lost my first referral, then something wasn't done right, it's basically taken 6 months to get a booking to have an appointment in 4 months, anyway after endless calls to Chelsea and Westminster my doctor got in contact with the guy I need to see. I might end up having a private appt with him now just to discuss my situational it's his expertise. I'm just annoyed as she confirmed I've basically been in premature ovarian failure approx 4-5 years and had no bone protection because of the osteoporosis risk. Hoping when she calls me back next week I will get a prescription for HRT then try and see they guy I need. Defo going to look into soy and I was on Maca before so will try it again. Need to get on a proper supplement too.

OMG, how awful!!! Yeah not surprised you want to go private. I think HRT might work for you if the supplements don't. X

Finally on HRT. After the fact I should have been given it a long time ago and no sign of AF for 11 months, day 2 on it and it's here, hoping my body can at least have some sort of reset.

Wow. After arrived after 2 days!! Hope this is the start of your cycles getting in sync for ttc xx

I know lisey, I can't believe how quick things have kicked in. Suffering a bit today. Forgot what period pains were like it's been so long. Hope this does something x

It might be because its been a while too that its more uncomfortable xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back