Anyone on here offer advice on 9 years and puberty?

Discussion in 'Growing Up' started by MummyMouse, Oct 28, 2014.

1. MummyMouse

MummyMouse Well-Known Member

As the title says really x

2. OMGbabyno3

OMGbabyno3 Well-Known Member

Erm..boy or girl? x

3. RhondaLou

RhondaLou Well-Known Member

I hit puberty at 9 I had a school friend that did too. My school didn't handle it very well and we had to ask for a sanitary towel from the teacher and get permission to use the teachers bathroom as they had the appropriate bins. Of course the other kids figured out what was happening and would laugh and point when they saw us ask a teacher. My mum went crazy at the head teacher and 2 days later all girls bathrooms had sanitary bins and we were allowed to carry our own sanitary products. We also had a quick lesson on a girls cycle and the boys were made to watch it and not laugh or say 'eurgh'. It helped actually we weren't laughed at anymore.

Anyway enough of my reminiscing. What advice do you need? Might not be able to help but I'll have a go xx

4. Mrs M

Mrs M Well-Known Member

I was an early starter too! I handled it terribly! I only became a normal human being again around 22! Sorry! I could maybe answer questions though!

5. JJ Mum

JJ Mum Well-Known Member

Boy or girl?

My daughters nearly 13 and is quite special but has not started periods yet
    My two teen boys are very diff, one started at 9 ( was/is a nightmare - now 15!) the other only the last year or so (at 13) he doesn't even smell yet!!

6. Lander

Lander Well-Known Member

Think we've had some borderline starting behavior with DsS, he's nine in about six week's time, but already about 4ft 6" and wearing age 11 clothes....

7. mrsmnk101

mrsmnk101 Well-Known Member

Well as im here i might ask my own question, what signs do you look for in boys? I have a 9 year old son. Hes extremely moody. But hes been like that for a long time, talking years!