anyone on here have experience with accounts??

Reaction score
Im looking for an accountant or anyone with experience of payroll sector as Im unsure if my work are fiddling my rate of pay .....

x

:)

not sure if im being silly but I used the mr anchovy site to check if my pay was correct and entered in my monthly rate before tax and when it was calculated my rate per hour was £0.03p short which made my annual income around £100 less than what im supposed to get . I maybe thought this was because I get the exact same rate of pay per month despite how many days are in that month but Im thinking this shouldn't make my annual income less than what im supposed to get ??

Am I being silly and just not understanding things and this is how my accountant calculates things??

x

Is your contract stated as an annual wage or hourly rate? If its annual the payroll department would just divide that annual wage by 12 or 13 depending on how many times in the year you are paid (monthly or 4 weekly) therefore you would have same monthly wage every year..,, eg £18,000 annual divide by 12 equates to £1500 per month.

If its hourly rate they would calculate the hourly rate by the amount of hours you work in week then times by 52.177 then divide that figure by twelve to get monthly

Eg. £8.50 x 39 =£331.50 x 52.177= £17296.675 (annual salary) / 12 = £1441.389 monthly salary

Some companies might only times the weekly rate by 52 which means the annual salary would be £17238 which would give a difference of £58.675 per year and £4.889 per month

You need to look in your contract and see what it's stated and what hours your contracted etc to get more definate answer

Last edited:
Im monthly paid and my rate of pay is per hour and not annually. I will have a look and see how I get on ........thank you for the help :)

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back